1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Obama does it again.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Not all the nation's ills can be blamed on President Bush, Democratic candidate Barack Obama said Wednesday..."

Obama says Bush not solely to blame.

But what does he know.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Clearly comments like this show just how incompetent and ill prepared he is to hold the office of the president.

3. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

I happened to be at that event today. :) It's nice to hear a candidate with details and nuance to his policies.

Go O! :D

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 15 2007, 07:28 PM) [snapback]496625[/snapback]</div>
    That all sounds good, now how about a plan and some money to implement it all? :unsure:

Wildkow

5. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 15 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]496625[/snapback]</div>
    He will have a hard time convincing many of the posters on FHOP.

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I wouldn't say that... i would say many people recognize that he is the source of many current problems, but that the way politicians in general act is the source of a lot of problems too. Certainly, we've seen our fair share of complaints on here about things not getting done in Washington due to lobbyists.

7. excuseMeButt

excuseMeButt Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 15 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]496625[/snapback]</div>
    I think that very likely Cheney and Churl Rove should take some of the credit also.

:p

~buttster

8. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 15 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]496625[/snapback]</div>
    Now that explains why Rove left/got fired. After Rove covertly sent out the B-52's to the Atlantic to secretly seed and create Hurricane Dean hoping to land the coup de grace on New Orleans (as he did with Katrina), Bush fired him as soon as it became obvious Hurricane Dean would most likely not strike the US and hit well south of target. It's all so clear. Go Obama!! Now lets get those B-52's back to strafing and carpet bombing Afghan villages...

Rick
    #4 2006

9. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Aug 16 2007, 10:36 AM) [snapback]496855[/snapback]</div>
    That's certainly true. While Obama's comment is correct; that not every problem is because of bush, anyone who thinks that a new president will erase the problems, regardless of who the voters blame for them, is kidding themselves. If the perception is that Obama is ill-equipped to be president because of saying something along the lines that we have problems that are not bush's fault, then the voters are ill-equipped to do a proper job in September 2008.

10. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Obama suggesting OPENNESS??? Only if he codifies it into law so when the pendulum swings back the charge and spend party is forced to play fair too.

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Aug 16 2007, 10:21 AM) [snapback]496895[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, that makes at least two that actually READ the article, and one that was actually in attendence.

The rest responded as predicted.

12. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 16 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]496917[/snapback]</div>
    Every time that Obama says something like that it convinces me a little more that he is the right person for the job. A couple of things though: one, a lot of the time the one I vote for loses and two, even if he gets in to office, he'll likely encounter so much resistance from the houses and white America that he may never get anything significant done. An electorate that votes based on which hot buttons get pushed is the real cause for most of the problems in this country.

13. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He'll actually address hypothetical questions, too, which is more than the other candidates can offer.

Isn't hypothetical thought first possible when children are around the age of 10-12?

...you'd think the others would be older, mentally, that this.

14. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Every candidate will say something similar to that as elections get closer.
    What I do not like is this line

"To make the government more accountable, Obama said he would post all non-emergency bills online for five days before he signed them into law, allowing Americans a chance to weigh in on the legislation."

WoW 5 days hahahaha gotta wonder about the Emergency ones!!!

anyone has to be better than what we currently have..sorry just had to say that.

But I have an open mind, maybe Hillary will do good

15. Tyrin

Tyrin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 16 2007, 05:52 AM) [snapback]496773[/snapback]</div>
    Good point, kow, and kudos for being open-minded. However, I think having a President with good ideas is definitely a step forward...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Aug 16 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]496885[/snapback]</div>
    The voters are very ill-equipped to do any job in September... :blink:

16. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 15 2007, 07:28 PM) [snapback]496625[/snapback]</div>
    The article sounds OK, particularly:

"We can't just change political parties and continue to do the same kind of things we've been doing. We can't just go about business as usual and think it's going to turn out differently."

But it's always hard to tell with these political types. Anyway, I am approaching this election with an open mind. I would be willing to sacrifice some of what I believe for a candidate who could truly bring change.

This is not intended to be a slam per se, but I find the results of the democrats in control of both houses to really be no different from the Republican's that preceded them. So if Obama (or anyone else) is just going to be like that, no thanks.

But if I believe a candidate can bring change by re-focusing government - not just adding more of it - they will likely get my vote regardless of party.