1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBD2 Port Location

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Edison, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Edison

Edison Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am interested in getting engine RPM, coolant temperature, and other information not available on the Prius display screen, so I plan to install a ScanGauge on my new '06. Unfortunately, the CAN-view that many people have used on earlier Prii won't work on the '06.

The ScanGauge plugs into the car's On Board Data port (OBD2), which is the same port that the service guys plug into to get information from the car's computer. I'm told that the port is under the dashboard on the left side, but I am unable to find it. It's probably covered. Before I order the ScanGauge, I want to be sure I can get to the port. Can anyone describe exactly where it's located?

Thanks.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Option 1)Sit in the driver's seat. Scoot the seat forward a bit. Raise your right knee...the first thing it hits is probably the OBDII plug in.

Option 2) Lay on the floor board on the driver's side and look at the underside of the dash just behind the dash trip near where your right knee would have been in option #1 and you'll see the cover...I'm pretty sure it even says OBDII on it.

1 person likes this.