1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBD2 scanner

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Socialdis294, May 7, 2024.

1. Socialdis294

Socialdis294 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know of a good OBD2 scanner that can reset Prius codes. I currently have an Innova 3610 (I believe) but every time I use it on 2014 Prius, it sets off 3 or 4 codes including Brake, Traction control and ABS.

The positive is I no longer have the “Cooling performance of hybrid battery “ message. I cleaned out rear seat vent. Of course I don’t know if that is just temporary or not. But now I just have to drive around with these other error. The only other option is paying $150 or so for a “diagnosis” to get them to reset codes.

I was just hoping not to have to spend money just to reset codes. Either way, I would like to find a scanner that doesn’t falsely cause codes to appear.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's interesting because my innova scanner I believe mine is the same model old piece of junk anyway it clears all my codes in my 2013 persona and reads almost all of them and then when I do read codes with it and get the codes that are there I can decipher what codes are also there that the 3610 can't see once you get good at it it's pretty basic other than that Inova also has a real tiny little thing but it's brand new it may fare a lot better I mean this thing fit in the palm of your hand I can barely see it but younger folks won't have that problem I believe it'll read a lot more codes than my 3610 and I don't know the model number of the thing The guy gave it to me at advance Auto about 3 weeks ago they were getting ready to go on clothes out as the model is going away as small as it is it should never existed in the first place but I guess if you wanted to fit it in your shirt pocket that could be a thing to somebody but it seems to read and clear codes pretty well sometimes with the Prius you have to clear the codes twice with a regular scanner things like that but generally works pretty good I don't think you have to spend $150 I think you can get away with something in the 69 to $80 range that will do pretty well and then of course there's a list here I don't know what all's on it but I can't imagine everything's $150 even the BS version of tech and the cable would put you close maybe a little less I don't know and the Bluetooth thingies are getting quite good they may not be able to do all the brake bleeding and all of that but at least get you your codes be able to clear possibly see some live data

3. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III