1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBDII Ultragauge for English and Metric units

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by Jaquimo, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jaquimo

Jaquimo Paraglider, Prius glider...

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had another occasional look at the UltraGauge website (http://www.ultra-gauge.com) and found that due to popular demand they have released an Ultragauge EM version of their OBDII monitor to cater for our international users alongside the existing Ultragauge Classic for our US friends. Following is an extract from their website:

"UltraGauge Classic and UltraGauge EM can display 75+ possible gauges*. Gauge selection is completely customizable. The actually gauges available are vehicle dependent. If your vehicle supports any of the gauges listed, then the gauge will be available for display by UltraGauge."

I think it is time to order one...:D

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It looks like a lot of features for the price, but don't miss reading their FAQ
    What they mean by English Units in their ad copy and product description is confusing. Do they mean UK Imperial or US customary, or something else.

3. Jaquimo

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When you calibrate the UltraGauge I think it does not matter if it is US or UK gallons or liters. As long as the volume of fuel consumed corresponds with the volume of fuel shown on the UltraGauge. The units (km, l, l/100km etc) can be selected on the UltraGauge EM model but not on the UltraGauge Classic mode.

I received some feedback from UltraGauge support and they indicated that as long as the ECU responds the UltraGauge will not shut down. Therefore gliding or EV mode driving will not cause the UltraGauge to shut down.

Now I only have one problem. UltraGauge does not currently ship to South Africa "due to lost parcels and fraud"! Any suggestions?

4. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Find a friend in a neighboring country.

5. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    After reading many of the posts from UG Site, most customers are happy with the OBDII Ultra or classic. How many Prius users are using this instrument and how satisfied are you? What else would you like it to read out.................?:D

6. Jaquimo

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No shipping to any country in Southern Africa! Makes you think...

7. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you mean ultra gauge instead of scangauge? This is good news! I am really inclined to purchase this now! thanks for the info! :)

8. Jaquimo

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :doh:UltraGauge :frusty:UltraGauge :frusty:UltraGauge :frusty:
    One day I will get it right...hopefully:D

9. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Love the emoticons. I've ordered one. (Ultraguage not emoticon) Waiting on postal delivery to Australia. Could be a while. :wave:

10. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have one but I'm not using it on our Prius. I've used it on three other vehicles including my Triumph motorcycle with no qualms. I have it mounted to the windshield like many do with a GPS or radar detector and it does give me overheat warnings upon start up after sitting in the sun, even with a sun shade over the windshield. You have to push a button to cancel the warning beep (like the Prius reverse beep) or it gets annoying till the interior and the unit cool down a bit with a/c use.

On their website, you can download the manual and see how it operates, calibration, etc. There is also a gauge support calculator tool that will tell you exactly what gauges your particular vehicle's ECU will report to the ultragauge.

[​IMG]

11. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :D haha..Thanks! I might order mine within the week! I will update here in the forums when it arrives!

12. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The interface looks real nice and neat! I am putting in my order within the week.. I have seen their website, and the manual seems to be doable when it comes to setting it up.

Thanks for the info and SS!