1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OBL Dead?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    A French paper is reporting that Osama Bin Laden died last month in Pakistan.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060923/pl_nm/...nladen_usa_dc_2

The culprit seems to be Typhoid but I doubt it since the intel guys say there's not a lot of chatter on the air concerning this. Maybe that's why the Pakies sign the treaty with the Taliban in that region?

Wildkow

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We can only hope!!! They will probably blame it on the Pope. :blink:

3. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If it's true, that's great. But it's a shame we didn't get to bring his head home on a platter

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Seems mighty unlikely. I think the word would spread pretty quickly and AlQuaida is bright enough to control the press on this as they announce the cause (to be sure everyone knows it was not the US forces that got him), and to announce the change of command, etc.

Due to the Muslim culture the body needs to be buried within 24 hours it seems likely that that would have triggered a more reliable information leak even if his 'people' had been trying to keep it quiet.

But, I hope we find it's true and the reason word hasn't gotten out in a coordinated fashion is b/c of conflict within the organization for the leadership and such...that would be an ideal outcome.

Oh, and....
    Welcome back Kow....

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 23 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]323922[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks vacations are always too short. [attachmentid=5135] Did a Cali Road trip up North and then down South along the coast. :D

[attachmentid=5136]

p.s. BTW I think that if he is dead the USA did kind of get him by forcing him into living in those cold damp caves. Can't be very good for the health seeing as how his was already compromised.

Attached Files:

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 23 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]323973[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry we couldn't accomodate a longer one! ;)

True, can't be all too healthy for anyone in the long term. Though I suspect he's got some pretty cozy accomodations in Pakistan and some secluded villages in Afganistan where he has friends that protect him.

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 23 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]323979[/snapback]</div>
    ?!? :huh: Although the sentiment is nice I pretty much schedule how long I want my vacations, no assistance necessary so don't trouble yourself.

May all his friends and protectors legs grow together into one giant noodlely appendage. :lol:

Wildkow