1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Obvio! 828/2 & 012 coming to America

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Areometer, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The 828 has got to be the ugliest car (is that a new topic?) that I've ever seen and that color... gawd. I saw something about ZAP's press release on GreenCarCongress, but that site's down so I've got no link to post. I'm surprised by how poor the gas mileage is for a car that small. 1.6L engine seems overkill for the model. Their other new model, the O12 (I think) looks pretty cool but there still the MPG is hardly spectacular. The cool thing about them is that they're flex fuel standard. Of course with E85 the MPG are even worse. Gawd that green is heinous! I just can't see ZAP selling it here. They've contracted to by 50000 of them over a 3 year period. If they sold 5000 I'd be surprised?

3. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

the mpg on those doesnt seem to me like much to brag about. i tink they'd have to nearly double those numbers to get a decent US demand. we weigh things out - and you need damned good gas milage to drive *that*

^
    |
    -------- just my own personal two cents. apologies if you were blown away by its attractiveness.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry, but the mileage on that thing simply sucks. I can easily touch 40 mpg in my FEH. The Honda Insight will walk all over that, uhhhh, "thing" in fuel economy.