1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oct.'05 Meetup: Replacement thread.

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by endoildependency, Oct 8, 2005.

1. endoildependency

endoildependency New Member

Luckily, I wrote down some screen names just before the crash. I'll put them up right away and hope for "confirmations" from them...

...and further discussion of how we should plan to spend a couple of hours.

Now and in future postings, I'll use a ? to indicate I'm not sure if someone more or less definitely indicated something.

airportkid
    davedog*
    endoildependency
    Gen2
    "Guest" (wasn't registered)
    Lion King (?)
    londo-cat
    MarinJohn
    mehrenst
    priusenvy
    Rattiemama
    sotagear

*davedog indicated ability to bring 5 mp digital camera

I had just posted before the crash that, since PDST ends that morning, we should plan on taking our best pictures as early as possible---no later than 3?

People who don't know where the "East Beach" area is should post here or PM me if they're total strangers to Crissy Field. Soon directions will be posted.

People should bring "pot luck" finger foods/snacks---for themselves and to share. How much will be needed won't be clear until a few days before the event.

The last I remember Rattiemama's poll, only one person had registered a reluctance to wear Halloween garb. Maybe we'll re-post that.

There are about 5 picnic tables and nearby rest rooms at East Beach, as well as good places to "pose" group car pictures.

Bring folding chairs or a blanket to put on the grass/ground.

Londo-cat, who just posted before the crash, posted a picture of his/her tricked-out Honda---and from the Prius description at the bottom, it looks as if that's dolled up, too. WHO HAS ACCESSORIES/MODS OTHER THAN TOYOTA "PACKAGE" STUFF?

I'll stop here so as not to overwhelm. Anyone can help fill in things I've forgotten!

2. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

That seems about right. Just to clarify for everyone. The meet-up is Oct 30 at 2pm on Crissy Field. You can find and respond to Evite here.

If you want to repost the evite somewhere else, feel free. Here is the URL:
    http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvi...YSEYPUQMOHUAGGQ

I have a prize comming in the mail to give out to the costume contest winner.

Also, I think it would be good to get some pictures early on, but I think our best pictures will come right around sunset, which I think will be 5:45 or so. Should we make the meetup earlier? Even making it 1pm will give us more time.

Now that the forum is back, we can all post ideas we have for stuff to do. Does anyone have sugestions or ideas? I'm about to write a letter to Toyota and see if they can send out a representative to talk to us about anything on the car we have questions about. I know it's a long shot, but it can't hurt right? Is anyone else interested in that?

3. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can u make the evite list public? =) i'd like to read ppl's responses, etc.

4. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

I was debating on that. I made the guest list public. The main reason I had kept it private was to protect people's identies, but perhaps I was being a bit paranoid.

So does anyone have suggestions of something to do other than the costume contest?

Has anyone made a flier? I was going to, but then I got busy. I was planning on making one tonight. I think we should all print up fliers and keep them with us so we can tuck them under the edge of the hood or roll them up in doorhandles of Prii we see. Aparently it is illegal to tuck them under the windshield wipers!

I'm getting really excited!

5. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

I had been trying to figure out how to do that, but kept comming up short. However i just ifigured out how, so the url for the evite is now:

http://www.evite.com/[email protected]/prius

I think this will be much easier to manage. Thanks for the memory jog DaveDog.

7. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if anyone wants to use/modify/edit/suggest/print this, feel free.

i'm printing a few, leaving them in my prius, and when i see another prius or want to spread the news, i can hand this out or leave it on a windshield.

8. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

Thanks for making that flier DaveDog!

I made one myself, it is much much more basic than yours. Since you had the fancy color image flier covered, I did a plain text, black and white flier, that is half a page. Anyone who wishes can print them up and hand them out. I have some in my purse and some in my Prius so I can pass them out as I see fit.

This is getting pretty exciting. Perhaps we should start talking about food options . . . what are people interested in? I'm guessing finger foods, and something simple. Perhaps a lunchmeat and cheese platter with bread and crackers? Chips and 7 layer dip? Cookies? Cake? A Prius cake? If anyone wanted a cake with a silk screened Prius, that might be doable, but I'd need others to chip in. What do you guys think?

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Hi. I have a new screen name. Former one too long---I got tired of seeing it.

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

C'MON, FOLKS---please sign up with EVITE!

Remember I said before we should look at the situation around the 12th, then discuss an alternate date if attendance looked slim? Hmmm? Hmmm?

Well, kiddies, it's the 13th!

I'm going to start a stupid thread, just to have something occasionally in view on the front page.

11. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

I think we should go ahead with the meet up as planned, despite dismal replies. I'll start PMing memebers who had showed intrest in the past asap. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I can start.

I've been tucking fliers in door handles all over the city as well, and even though it asks people to RSVP on evite, they probbaly won't. Even if we have a low turnout, I think we should go ahead and do it. It will be a good starting off point for us to get ideas for future meets.

Besides, I already got the prize for the costume contest!

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Hopefully, some are just waiting to see how their other "life components"---and the weather forecast---shake out before committing---

AND RISKING THE UNDYING, ETERNAL, EVERLASTING, GRISLY WRATH of the rest of us if they don't show. IN COSTUME. Bearing food THAT I LIKE TO EAT. :eek:

I'll nervously start tracking the weather next Tuesday.

13. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just my two cents, but it might be the costume that is scaring many away. I for one decided against going because of the costume. Now I already have other plans.

14. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Too bad. We said early on, "costume optional".

15. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't recall the optional part. In any case, it would still be a costume party and many will just say no. Either because they don't want to be in a costume or be one of the few without one.

16. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Unfortunately, the post(s) containing "optional" were lost in the crash, and I didn't remember to re-post that item Sorry, if it affected the outcome of you not joining us. I mean it.

Heck, I may be one of the few sans costume. Depends mostly on my mood---and a little on the weather.

Sure you won't come? It'll be once-in-a-blue-moon photo day---if nothing else.

("Yeah, see that bit of gray front end poking out through the fog? That's MY Prius!")

Heh.

17. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If my current plans get cancelled, I would love to go.

18. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

My, my aren't we laid back here by the beautiful Bay?

I'm going to kick this up a few times and see if it hooks anyone.

19. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I reposted the announcement on the Yahoo groups. Maybe a few m,ore will just show up.

20. Rattiemama

Rattiemama New Member

Just a reminder to everyone that tomorrow is the big day! I'll be there early setting up, and I hope I'll see you all there! Don't forget about the time change tomorrow, we have to fall back. See you all at 2!