1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oct 8, Toyota Plant Tour, Georgetown KY

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by bwilson4web, Aug 23, 2007.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've scheduled a Toyota plant tour where they make Camry Hybrids for:

Oct. 8, 2007, Columbus Day, 10:00 AM (Eastern Time Zone)
    1001 Cherry Blossom Way
    Georgetown, KY 40324
    Seats: 15, first-come basis
    For security reasons, you need to e-mail or PM me with:

* names
    * address with zip code
    * phone numbers
    * e-mail addresses

I will need them by October 1, 2007. For a preview of the tour:

http://www.toyotageorgetown.com/tour.asp

I'll be driving up on Sunday, Oct. 7 and bring tools and stuff. As we get closer to the event, we'll publish more details. IF you have a Prius and would like an engine block heater installation, I understand there will be several of us 'old hands' about to 'do the deed.'

If you'd like to help with organizing and offering resources, contact me and we'll put it on the agenda.

Bob Wilson

ps. I hang out here, GreenHybrid.com and the Prius Technical Group. Feel free to share this with other folks who may want to see Camry hybrids being built.

* * * * From Toyota Plant Tour Group * * * *
    Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky, Inc. (TMMK) looks forward to your visit. Your tour has been confirmed for Monday, Oct 08, 2007 at 10:00 am.
    Total number in your group: 15. If you are unable to make your tour time or if the number in your group changes, please call our tour representative.

TMMK maintains a safe and secure environment so please be aware of the following guidelines:

- No carry-on is permitted in the Visitor Center, including purses, backpacks, briefcases, or bags of any kind.

- A valid photo ID will be required for each adult scheduled for the tour.

- Cameras are allowed in the Visitor Center, but must be checked at the registration desk before the plant tour.

- Children with individual families must be in 1st grade or above to take the tour. School groups must be 4th grade or above.

Groups of ten or more must e-mail or fax to the Visitor Center a list of individual names one week prior to scheduled tour.

Toyota Motor Manufacturing reserves the right to reschedule any tour that, after scheduled, might interfere in some way with production.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Directions to plant: TMMK is located just off Interstate 75.

From Louisville: Interstate 64 East to Interstate 75 north, exit 126.
    Turn right at the bottom of the ramp and travel 2.5 miles to the Visitor Entrance. This entrance has a large gray granite stone, which has Toyota in large red letters and Visitor Entrance marked on the stone as well.

From Lexington: Interstate 75 north, exit 126. Same as above.

From Cincinnati: Interstate 75 south, exit 129. Turn left and travel 2.5 miles to Visitor Entrance. This entrance has a large gray granite stone, which has Toyota in large red letters and Visitor Entrance marked on the stone as well.

Please follow signs to Visitor Center Parking.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This sounds like fun, count myself, my wife and my daughter in, I will PM you the details, Thanks!!!!!!

3. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bwilson4web @ Aug 23 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]501022[/snapback]</div>
    Just a quick reminder the tour starts in four weeks.

Bob Wilson

4. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hi folks,

It looks like we may have 2-3 extra seats. IF you are interested, send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

The agenda now includes a Sunday afternoon, Oct. 7, of block heaters, technical talk and a cook-out (Thanks Jud!) It promises to be a great time to share original approaches to Prius and hybrid studies. If you need just a block heater installation and are near Ft. Thomas, KY on Sunday, send me a PM.

Bob Wilson

5. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I sent you a PM. My dad and I are going again.

6. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So are we going to meet anywhere before the tour or are we all just going to meet at the plant?

7. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheForce @ Oct 6 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]522264[/snapback]</div>
    We can talk about it on Sunday. Right now, the plant is good enough and 9:30 AM would be a good target.

Bob Wilson