1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ODBII readers to change some settings?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by purplePriii, Jul 9, 2023.

1. purplePriii

purplePriii Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone has tried changing some settings that are normally dealer only like enabling rolling down all the windows from the remote?

I'm assuming TIS TechStream would work but I don't have a windows PC on hand. Does anyone know if an ELM327 or something like a Kiwi 3 might enable you to change those settings through their app?

I see a bunch of different bluetooth/wifi ODBs and am not sure which to pick. Dealer is charging me min of $40 per change and I don't even know all the options available on the Prius prime so looking at the cost of getting one myself and could help with any future problems.

2. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have enabled the rolling down of all windows via the Carista app and adapter. The app doesn't list the Gen 5 Prius as supported, but it does recognize the car, and apparently, the window opening setting matches that of Gen 4. It works with multiple OBD adapters. I bought the app before they went to a subscription model, but you can use it for free for one week (1 month with the purchase of the Carista adapter).

I have attached a text listing of the controls it claims to be able to switch in Gen 4. With luck, it should be able to change their Gen 5 equivalents.

Attached Files:

otatrant, Agent337, Cruzctrl1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Agent337

Agent337 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I got the Carista OBD2 Adapter for my 2023 Prius Prime as I really wanted the ability to remotely roll down all my windows with the key fob (super useful during the summer). My local Toyota Dealer wanted to charge me $145 to adjust that setting and the dealer where I purchased my car wanted $190 for the privilege... yikes! Obviously I declined. I ended up paying $90.91 for the Carista OBD2 adapter ($40.92 with tax, shipped + $49.99 yearly app subscription, 12 months + 1 month free for a total of 13 months). I figured it was well worth if for me as I can also use it on my 2013 Prius C and help out friends with their cars as well. So far, works like a charm.

otatrant and tovli like this.