1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd Bluetooth Behavior

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nmrickie, Aug 17, 2009.

1. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Twice this has happened: I drive where I have no cell phone service and someone calls. When I return to an area with coverage, my phone beeps to let me know that I have a message or that I have a missed call.

When the phone beeps the bluetooth starts ringing like there's an incoming call. If I hit the answer button, nothing happens because no one is calling, but the bluetooth keeps ringing. If I hit the voice recognition button, the ringing stops.

I have a Motorola Razr, the same phone that I had in my '06 Prius and never had this issue. It's not enough of a problem that I want to have the service department fiddle with it all day, but I was wondering if anyone else has had experienced any "quirks" like this.

My non-working CD player, on the other hand, was enough of a problem to bring the car in. The dealer said it will have to replace the entire unit, but had no idea how long it would take to get a new one in (I bought one of their first Gen III's). It was here in two days! The service guy was shocked. It arrived so fast I haven't had time to schedule the install.