1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd codes in LAN monitor EMV. Engine cutting out. Related?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Xapplimatic, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Xapplimatic

Xapplimatic Intermediate level elect. tech

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone out there with more reference books than I have figure out the meaning of these codes that come up in my '07 Prius LAN monitor EMV maintenance screen?

01- DB 190- E3- 5
    01- DB 190- FA- A

I'm worried that these codes mean something is amiss... But I have been suspecting the car is running weird lately, with extended high-idling behavior when I'm coasting and it should idle-down among other oddities including the engine loosing power while driving unexplainably (the dealership can't explain it).. it chokes, gags, and then usually power returns like it didn't happen.. I've spent nearly $200 on "diagnostic" fees and they can't figure out what is causing the engine to cut out when I am trying to accelerate (or sometimes just maintain speed even)..

Are they overlooking something here?

:mad:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ignore any "codes" that appear on the MFD. Those are irrelevant to the drivetrain.

What if any DTC were logged by your car?
    Are any warning lights on, such as the check engine light?
    What is your car's odometer reading?
    Was the car in an accident?
    Have you checked the wiring harness connections to the spark plug igniters, fuel injectors, and the various engine sensors?
    Have you checked the wiring harness connection to the fuel tank?
    What is the fuel tank level when this happens?