1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd FM button....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ttabbal, Mar 22, 2006.

1. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

This is in a 2006 with the in-dash JVC Changer.

If I push the FM button while in reverse, it will not change FM1/FM2 options, it will only get me to the FM tuner.

It always works fine if I'm not in reverse. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this. It's not like I mess with the radio a lot while reversing, but sometimes I'll get it into gear and want to change modes to FM before I start moving the car. It sometimes ends up in FM2 which I don't use, and I can't get back to FM1 without getting out of reverse. All the other buttons seem to work fine in reverse, so I'm thinking it's a programming bug on all Prius with this setup or a problem with my radio.

It's not a big deal, I'm just wondering if other users have seen the problem. If your 2006 doesn't do it, I guess I'll have to pester the dealer. <_<

2. comtech5

comtech5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have discovered many software "oddities" like that with the 2006. I can't remember all of them, but check this one out: Back-up camera does not display video during a handsfree bluetooth call.

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yes, it appears that the engineers did not "test" many items while in reverse. I guess that is because they were thinking logically and not "real" world.

Of course, we should never "fool" with anything while in reverse...but realistically, we just do sometimes!

What always catches me is shifting into reverse (the camera comes on) and then going into EV mode (the camera goes off). Drives me crazy!

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    just checked it with my '06... it looks like it's not reverse itself that messes it up, just the backup camera. When the camera was on, it would do exactly as you described, but i then hit the audio button to see what was going on with that screen, and it then allowed me to change between FM1 and FM2.