1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd FOB (SKS) issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by staze, Jan 23, 2009.

1. staze

staze Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Odd FOB (SKS) issue (Solved)

All,

This could be somewhere else in the forums, but I can't seem to find it.

Anywho, this morning I got in the car to start it, and it wouldn't do anything when I hit start. Light on the dash blinks saying it sees a key in the car, but that's it. Dome light comes on when I open the door, and car locks/unlocks when I press the buttons on the FOB.

To get the car to start, I had to put the FOB in the key slot on the dash. Turning the car back off and pulling the FOB out resulted in the same behavior.

Any insights? This is a 07 Touring, Package 6 (I think).

Thanks!

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like the button under the steering wheel that turns off the SKS has been accidently pushed in. It should be in the "out" position for the SKS to work. It's easily turned off by hitting it with your knee getting in or out of the car.

The flashing light on the dash doesn't mean it sees a key. It means that the engine immobilizer is active.

3. staze

staze Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Re: Odd FOB (SKS) issue (Solved)

Oh, good to know about the flashing light!

And, yes, seemingly the button was pressed. I got in the car this evening, and thought "wait, maybe the button got pressed" and viola, pressing it fixed it.

Odd, because I don't recall doing anything out of the ordinary the other day... but obviously I must have. First time in 2 years this has happened.

Thanks!