1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd Non-Nav Bluetooth Glitch

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DanMode, Jun 8, 2010.

1. DanMode

DanMode Brooklyn Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd post this quick little glitch I experienced today. I have three different phones registered on bluetooth in my non-nav Gen III (various family members use the car on the weekends) and today I wanted to re-select my phone for hands free use. The phone I have is an LG VX8600 (Hey, it works) and have been able to swap between my phone and my family's phones at ease.

Today however, was a different story. I went through the typical options, clicking the 'talk' button, selecting a phone, etc. By the time I came to 'confirming' my phone, the system itself froze. On the display, it said "LISTENING". I could not cancel anything, select a different mode on the radio/CD/SAT. Nothing. Nada. Just plain stopped.

I figured "Alright, I'll have to just restart the car and all will be well.". Well, I restarted the car. The radio came back on no problem. And then the bluetooth feature wouldn't work at all. I would press the talk button down, and nothing. No beep, no voice telling me to do a hundred different options until I get to where I need to go. Just plain dead.

At this point, I got a little nervous. I tried restarting the car yet again, and still nothing. I thought "Great, I'm gonna have to go to the dealer now and let them look at this and have them probably charge me an arm and a leg for nothing."

I parked the car after lunch and didn't get back to it until a few moments ago. Happily, the bluetooth menu did work this time, and now I didn't even need to go through the entire process. My phone already beeped at me, telling me to enter in the passcode to successfully connect my phone to the car.

Odd that this happened, since for the past year I've been able to swap phones with no problem whatsoever. Just thought I'd share it here with you all. So just in case something like this happens to you, don't fret. Just give it a few hours and try again later. :cool: