1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odd things, The Second Time Around

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priapus08, Nov 16, 2007.

1. priapus08

priapus08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have my second Prius on order. There are some odd connections to the circumstances of this attempt to go three years newer from 05 to 08.

1. I was worried about running naked (no warranty 36,888 miles) when the concern ended with a big bang.
    2. I took the time to strap down cargo that would certainly have killed me in a crash, but probably but me in the time and space to meet a student driver from Slidell, LA, that relocated here for a new start.
    3. My stitches came out the night before I left for Slidell, LA on a scheduled volunteer trip to help rebuild.
    4. While in Slidell, LA I found about the only way I could run into a black woman in Slidell was to have a crash since they didn't seem to work anywhere in public, like waitress, store clerk, bank teller, or anywhere else I went.
    5. Five days after the crash it was confirmed that I would be paid for my medical. Even though I had waived the medical on my driving insurance, the driver was uninsured and my uninsured motorist provision applied. Three years less five days after I applied for my 0 Five car loan, I applied for my 08 loan. Three years less five days after I got my 0 Five my 08 should be delivered. (Three and five make 8) I do not own a car for the first time in forty years, and I will not own a car for 40 days. (five times eight is forty
    6. I wanted a green 2004, but they were not painting green nine months later (getting a Prius used to be like having a baby) when my silver 0 Five Prius arrived. This time the only one I could reserve was green and five hours after I thought I was stuck with grey interior the bisque I wanted was coming on the one I would really get because the grey was pre-sold.
    7. The settlement from insurance puts me right back where I was three years ago. Same new car model, same new loan balance.
    8. Every modification except one I was scared to make on my own is now documented on this site.(hey wait five minutes another five & eight)

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priapus the second @ Nov 16 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]540646[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm. Is this kind of like the Lincoln-Kennedy similarities?

3. priapus08

priapus08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a priori @ Nov 16 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]540661[/snapback]</div>
    Only no one died. . .
    . . .yet.

We may know in another 3, 5, or 8 years. My great aunt explained to me as a child nearly run over by a train that because my name meant cat in German I would have 9 lives. By my count this last wreck would be 8.