1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM Audio + C3 for Gen III Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rgale1948, Oct 2, 2013.

1. rgale1948

rgale1948 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At the 2GOB4 Prius Owner's Group Meeting in Riverside this Summer I was lucky enough to win a OEM Audio + system for my Prius. The demo models in the Prius we listened to at the meeting were prototypes. The production model of the OEM Audio + system is now available and I was fortunate enough to have Daniel La Blanc drive up from Los Angeles and install one in my 2013 Prius this past weekend. Right now I think I am the only Prius in existence with the new production model of this audio system installed.
    First of all I would like to comment on how it is truly a plug and play system. And what a well engineered system it is! Daniel replaced my speakers, which really didn't sound that bad for original equipment speakers, with their O+ carbon fiber models. Their carbon fiber speakers with their huge magnets were stunning works of art and plugged into the original wire harness easily. The closest thing he did that even approached modifying the original vehicle was drilling the rivets out that held the speakers in the front and back doors. Of course, he replaced the rivets when he mounted their speakers which fitted perfectly into the vehicle in place of the old speakers. The only component they added was a 360 watt amplifier that was mounted under the front passenger seat using existing bolts to mount it there. The wire harness went from the radio to the amplifier to the battery. It plugged in perfectly. After it was installed running in the "wire harness" channels from front to back and then under the carpet via the access holes in it under the seat, you couldn't tell it was there. The entire installation process took about 3 hours. I was amazed how organized Daniel was during the process. He is a true professional.
    What does it sound like? Outstanding! I really notice the improvement in the vocals. They are now so crisp and clear. I listen to a lot of singer/song writer type music featuring individual artist and what an improvement. With the original system I couldn't really tell if there were speakers in the dash. The new tweeters leave you no doubt. The vocals and the high notes are there and unmistakeable. The bass is great with no huge sub woofer whose amplifier sucks all the power out of your battery, taxing your electrical system, and then takes up half of your cargo space with it's box. I was listening to one of my CD's and I could actually hear surround sound type effects of one song as I drove down the road.
    All in all this is a great system to look at if your are wanting to improve your audio while leaving your Prius in it's original form. It is a great system engineered and backed by a great company.
    Randy Gale
    2013 Prius

2. Skunkworks

Skunkworks Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like Spam to me....