1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM EV Female connectors needed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by charliep, Oct 16, 2004.

1. charliep

charliep Junior Member

I know it has been posted and I have all that information from Rick, but I would really like to get the OEM female connectors that fit into the connector plug of the EV switch. I went to Toyota this morning and they couldn't come up with anything. I was thinking of talking to there Prius mechanic on Monday. Has anybody actually used the proper connectors ?

Thanks in Advanced,
    Charlie

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've got them. Unfortunately for you, I gleaned them from an old connector cut from a Toyota harness. What the dealership needs to do is get out the wiring harness repair kit. There are two, the black case and the gray case. Look through the kit until you find the one that fits. Then, get the part number off of the label on the bag the wire is in, or, if they are not in the little bags, off of the kit label for that compartment. If that is missing, there is a wiring harness repair kit manual that is in a slot on the back of the kit. In the manual is a diagram of each feature of the connector with the part number. (This is the definitive reference. The bag label is good too, but that's a maybe. The compartment label is good, but the wire may be in the wrong compartment).

Anyway, maybe someone knows the part number and can post it. I might be able to figure it out next week.

Nate

3. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Hi Nate,
    That would be great if you could check that out for me. In the meantime I will check with the head Prius mechanic at my Toyota dealer. I will let you know if I find anything.

Charlie

4. charliep

charliep Junior Member

Hi All,
    I was able to get female terminals from my Toyota shop. They couldn't find the part number. They had a connector that had the same ends. They gave me the connector, I removed the ends and know I am one step closer to EV mode. Just need to install. Evan showed me how to remove the drivers vent.

Thanks,
    Charlie

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Good to hear it Charlie. It's still on my list to find the part number for the FAQ...

Nate