1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM smart key system installed on Prius C One.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Don Kaufmann, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Don Kaufmann

Don Kaufmann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    I was just wondering if even possible, if anyone has installed OEM parts for the smart key system in a lower model Prius to achieve the same result as the higher model???? While i'm at it, OEM cruise control too.

2. skwcrj

skwcrj Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Are we talking about the SKS system? It comes standard on the base Prius v.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I moved this to the proper Prius c forum. The OP owns a c but posted, probably accidentally as many others, in the Prius v forum.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unless the door handles are interchangeable between the c and regular Prius hatchback, then I would say no dice. The door handles have the necessary sensor and antenna for the SKS system so you would have to replace your non-SKS door handle with SKS door handles and that's even before considering whether the c has the necessary electronic module to accept the SKS system in the first place.

5. kdkuhns3

kdkuhns3 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I believe the OP is looking to find out if the SKS and push button start that comes on the Prius C 3 & 4 can be retrofitted to the Prius C 1 & 2 which has a standard keyless entry remote and a key cylinder to turn the car on.