1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oem tires again

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ceads9, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ceads9

ceads9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    which of the three brands seem to do the best ? I've read list of post but couldn't find this info. I have the yokohamas but others have Goodyear and bridgestone . Mine seem ok for what they are I really don't want to lose mpg . Btw virgin here , just bought 2010 3 with navi,solar, leather. 16 k miles. Checking to see what others have on theirs and what they think. If needed send me a link and I can do the reading.

Thanks, Chris

2. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Had my choice when I purchased the Prius. Dealer had vehicles with Goodyear, Yokohama, and Bridgestone Tires on them, all equipped about the same. I went with the Goodyears since they had a Treadware index of 540 (or 580 ?), while the other two had a 340 index. While handling may be off a bit with the Goodyears due their harder rubber compound, I am hoping they will last longer. I'll need to wait a few years to report on the Wear. Anyway the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max seem to be fine right now.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. ceads9

ceads9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't want to lose any MPG so I thought they would be my best option to keep the my high mpg. I was wondering which of the three oem tires ran the best mpg and quite .

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OEM tires are specified to do an adequate job at a low price. I prefer better tires and am willing to pay a bit more to get them. I'd stay away from the OEM models.

Tom

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with Tom.

The top non-OEM LRR tires often get better mpg than the OEM tires, offer better performance and last longer. :)

7. ceads9

ceads9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks , I thought the oem tires had the best mpg. Looks like I will have to a little more reading . I guess I want the best of both worlds.

Eads