1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM XM Kit $275

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by efusco, Oct 22, 2004.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Take a look at This Site--the Integrated XM Kit for $275!! Look at the other stuff there too, mud flaps, etc...

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [img=right:f449fa9f99]http://priuschat.com/data/MetaMirrorCache/www.metrotpn.com_Cache_Images_large_2004100808400589805uony3.jpg[/IMG]These mats look pretty cool, too!

3. pino

pino Junior Member

That's quite a find!

Anyone deal with this particular company before?

4. mretc1

mretc1 New Member

This is the parts department for Metro Toyota in Cleveland.

I sent an e-mail with a few questions about the kit and got a very quick answer:

"This is a standard Toyota approved kit. It comes with the tuner, antenna, wiring and everything else you would need to do the install. This kit does not come with instructions. I can get them for you, though I would recommend you have your dealer install it. It does fully integrate with the screen. You will see song title, artist and you can select stations via the screen also."

Has anyone ordered one from Metro yet?

5. toyotapartsnow

toyotapartsnow New Member

I would be happy to field any questions you might have about us or our products. We are not new. We are just new to the Priuschat community. We are a legitimate Toyota dealer in Cleveland, Ohio.

I do not post in the forums very often unless I have something to share and because it is difficult to read and respond to all the posts across two forums and the yahoo groups.

Metro Toyota's internet parts sales is run by me and me only. I will not come here to peddle my wares. I want you to get to know me and not my business. You will come to know my business by word of mouth.

You can contact me at [email protected]. I will be able to send responses faster than if you post them here. Thanks allot for your time. :)

Eddie Bell
    www.metrotpn.com

6. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I emailed one of the other XM vendors for a discount for 2 kits a month ago and never heard back so I just ordered two XM kits and 2 back-ordered sets of mats from Eddie. He seems to be very straightforward and so far a pleasure to deal with. I should be getting the XM kits this weekend and will try the install myself. If I could put the factory cruise in the 2001 Prius, I'm guessing I should have the marginal competency to do the XM install myself in the 2004. As far as I've gotten so far, I would recommend these factory (same as Solara) kits from Eddie. They include the antenna and connector. He says Toyota has had a price break, thus the new lower price he is offering. The car mats are Toyota approved, in his words, so I assume you will may also find these in various Toyota parts departments soon.

Bill
    '04 BC White
    '04 BC black

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Eddie,
    We welcome your input here. The price for the XM kit is fantastic. For those interested you can also buy the Install DVD from PriusXM.com...a PC sponsor.

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I got the ExactMats from Anything Toyota. Note that the mats are clear. The Infinity logo on the regular carpet mat is showing through in the picture Danny posted. If you look closely, you can see the edge of the ExactMats on the left side of the front floor mat. Also, I have two rear mats, not one continuous one. That was not an option.

These are not thick "all weather, trap mud and snow" mats. They suit me as I mostly want to keep the winter salt off the carpet / floor mats. I don't get a lot of mucky stuff inside the car. They are flexible plastic about 1/8" thick with a pebbly top surface and lots of really pointy little gripper spikes on the bottom. They hold well.

9. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  10. toyotapartsnow

Wanted to let folks know that the XM kit is $255.00 with free shipping to the lower 48.

Thanks.

11. Eisenson

Eisenson New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This is great!
    And the instructions in my other post (10 minute XM installation) apply 100% to this kit, though the photographs/data provided by Coastal/PriusXM will be critically important to anyone who has never been inside the dashboard. In fact, I recommend against trying to install the integrated XM unit - using *any* method - without pictorial guidance or other visual handholding.

Also, having Coastal/PriusXM at the other end of the phone is a great resource (I trust Coastal). Remember, this Solara hardware was not designed for the Prius, and when bought from Toyota comes with zero installation guidance.

I've tried the Roady2 and other XM solutions, and believe that this integrated Pioneer/Toyota system definitely is worth the extra bucks.

12. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can vouch for Eddie and Metro Toyota. I have installed two of their integrated kits so far with no problems except having to buy some double sided all weather velcro at Ace Hardware. I too would highly recommend some visual instructions since all that comes with the Toyota kit is the Solara XM owner's manual and the XM list of stations.

If someone in the Carolinas (either the RTP area or when I'm in their area on business) wants me to do the install, I would be glad to do it on a nice weather Saturday for $100.

13. toyotapartsnow

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I am trying to negotiate with the folks that have the instructions available... only problem are those people are my competitors :) Everyone wants to make the sale and not give up the advantage that thay have which would be the instructions for the install. I can understand that.

I will let everyone know if I make any progress.