1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

# of Vehicles Sold

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Red Ginger, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Red Ginger

Red Ginger New Member

. . . been lurking for nearly a month, reading all current and ancient postings. . . First, I want to say a big mahalo (thank you) to everyone for taking the time to share such detailed and thorough information with all of us newbies.

The availability of the 2006 tax credit has been important in my purchase decision. It was clear that the credit would be available to me until at least June 30, 2006 (it does not begin to phase out until the second calendar quarter after the quarter in which 60,000 Toyota hybrids are sold). Nonetheless, it has been a big mystery with regard to how many vehicles have actually been sold by Toyota this year. The newly released IRS guidance now requires Toyota to report its hybrid vehicle sales to the IRS each quarter,

http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/repo...%20guidance.pdf

The IRS will then review the report and issue an acknowledgement. Toyota's first report to the IRS will be due the last day of April.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Doesn't need to be a big mystery. All the major (and some not so major) automakers selling in their US release their sales figures for the previous month at the beginning of each month.

Here's the latest so far:
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/03/01/212164.html

We should see March sales real soon.

3. Red Ginger

Red Ginger New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cwerdna @ Mar 27 2006, 12:01 AM) [snapback]230782[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks!