1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

off in la la land :)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by V8Cobrakid, May 21, 2005.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So.. i was day dreaming today. What would it be like to have the Lexus 400h system in the prius? hmmm. That, would be cool.

See.. i came to this conclusion because my parents recently purchased a 400h. My dad who hates foreign cars is falling in love with this Lexus. I'm proud :) lol.

The other day they took it up to Boulder Creek. We have some 56 acres or so up there. The road is a mile long and.. well.. it's gravel.. when in good shape. After the rains it was mud and very slippery. My parents were very impressed as the VSC and other traction control systems. DSC ( i think that's the new 400h system ) helps too. With this system they are able to accelerate while the wheels slip. My dad said the car was beeping but kept itself strait ( not him trying to keep it strait ) and it felt like it was floating as it went up this muddy road that he claims his F350 Superduty Duelly couldn't go up.... That truck climbs everything.

So.. while dreaming and reflecting on how awesome this lexus is. Wouldn't it be awesome to strip down the parts and put them into the prius? very very unlikely seeing you would have to replace all of the electrical too. There also isn't enough room under the prius for the rear electric motor system. .. which btw is very cool to lay under the 400h and look at :) i was in " aww " for a while.

I guess i wish i had a all wheel drive prius. that would be the ultimate car. if the V6 was in there, it would still weigh less than the 400h, but possibly get better gas mileage than it?

ok.. back off to la la land for me. maybe it's the 1,000+ post that's doing it to me. i'm getting to be an old poster. lol

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    VDIM you mean. DSC is BMW's term lol.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I would tend to jump to the conclusion that a Prius with the whole 400h system would have some serious pep to it. However, I'm no automotive or electrical engineer so there's probably some detrimental draw-backs that I"m not thinking of.

On a side note, I was side-by-side with a 400h for about a mile in stop-n-go traffic last week. I was impressed to see one so soon. What attracted my attention was that I could tell he was stealthing just from the way he was driving. I have to say, though, he didn't seem to be as excited to be driving it as I was just seeing it.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The prius is a joy to drive because of the high mileage. Seeing other prius gives you that smile. it's a dork thing :)

A lexus is a joy to be in. Sure, the drive is great, but you don't seem to pay attention to other cars like you would do in the prius.

it's much more comfortable. :) lol