1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Off to Pick up the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tntna, Nov 24, 2004.

1. tntna

tntna New Member

Only a 7 hour bus ride and then fighting all the Turkey Day travellers and the weather for the 350 mile trip home. Should be fun.

2. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Have fun!

Picking up our Prius involved a 48 hour train ride followed by a 4,100 mile trip home.

Talk about breakin' in a car the right way!

3. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

what are the details on this trip, did you drive coast to coast? The dealership couldn't help you in any way, what about a car transport service? all those miles against your warranty in such a short time. 4100 miles, WOW.

4. tntna

tntna New Member

Notice I am not the one that did the 4100 mile trip. However, I considered buying one in a state on the other side of the country. I was going to have the car transported by third company. However, the issue of liability came into play for me. If there was a dent or like on the car, the transported could have said that the dent was there when they picked it up. Likewise the dealer could have said the transporter caused the dent. Without having seen the car I wouldn't have been able to really know.

5. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

2009 Jupiter Mango Prius (hovercraft version)

I'd like to see the paperwork on this one.......... :jester: