1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Offered Silver Pine--Wanted Driftwood

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NEWKID, Jan 7, 2006.

1. NEWKID

NEWKID New Member

I finally got a call this morning that my 2006 package 4 Prius was on the way. Yeah! Until he said, "You wanted the Silver Pine, right?". I had ordered Driftwood but had some flexibility. I went to the dealership and they had a Sienna Silver Pine Mica in stock. Yikes . . . I am not sure I want a green car for 10 years. My husband, who is color blind, thinks the "grey" color is just fine.

When I asked the sales manager when he would find out about the next allocation, he said that on January 21st (?) Toyota is changing the allocation system so that dealer now order in stock versus "here is what you are getting". So it will be at least two or three more months before the car I originally ordered will come in. Huh? Has anyone else heard this story?

Any suggestions? Thank you!

2. Florida Prius

Florida Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey..... What's wrong with Silver Mica Pine???

3. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure where you are at geographcially, but I'm getting all sorts of stories. I'm looking for Package 3 in Silver Pine Mica, but will take the classic silver or the blue, as long as they have the charchol interior. So far, I've been told no one is getting a Silver Pine Mica Package 3 for the next 6 months (the salesman said he could see everyone's allocations for the next 6 months). Then, at another place, I was told they would have one in 3 weeks, by the end of the month (this is at the dealer where I have been on the waiting list since August, and we are "at the top of the list" now). I also almost bought a Silver one today, but the couple right before us decided to buy it when they saw we were interested.

You can never tell with these guys ... they pass along info that is wrong because they really don't know and make things up, or they lie to try to force a decision out of you, or they are telling you what's been related to them, and they honestly think it is true. And sometimes, what they say is true, but it sure is hard to figure out which is which!

4. NEWKID

NEWKID New Member

I liked it but I drive a car a long time so I had planned to stay in the neutral category.

5. cowboy

cowboy New Member

Well, remember that the silver pine mica will probably look more agreeable on a smaller car than a Sienna. But if you're dead-set against it, ask the dealer to see if they can swap with another dealer for the driftwood.
    Too bad, if that were a package 8, I'd have asked my dealer to swap with yours so I could get mine faster! :D

6. side pocket

side pocket New Member

I'm waiting for my Driftwood also, but I'm gonna wait. My town, Sebastopol, Ca, is the only place where you're weird if you DON'T have a Prius.

7. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you don't like the Silver Pine Mica color and can't see yourself driving a Prius of that color for the next 10 years, don't compromise and get it just because that's what's available right NOW. If it were me, I'd wait until the car I specifically wanted (color, package, etc) came in. That's what I'm doing at the moment...until it arrives! :)

I figured, hey, I'm spending over $25K on a car that I too intend to drive for the next 10 years, and I don't want to settle on any aspect of it. I want this color exterior, this color interior, and this package, and I won't compromise for anything other than what I specifically ordered. I don't want to look back and think, oh I wish I'd waited an extra month or 2 for the color interior I wanted, rather than settle for this one because it was on the lot and available at the precise moment I was there looking. :D

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you want Driftwood, get Driftwood.

Suggest he trade this car for the Driftwood you ordered. Tell him if he can't get it for you then you'll check around at some other dealers.

As for that allocation line, no way you should have to wait that long.

Get on the internet and search dealers within 300 miles of where you are. Many have their inventories online. Contact the interenet sales managers and tell them you want a Driftwood #4 2006 at MSRP and the first one that contacts you gets the sale.

You don't have your location in your information. It would really help if you put your location in your membership information. For instance I can tell you that San Diego gets plenty of Prii at Kearny Mesa Toyota and the internet sales manager, Howard Sheehy, will find you want you want. I have no idea how much of a drive it is back to where you live.

Bottom line: you don't have to buy a car you don't want. But the more flexible you are on color or package, the faster you'll find one.