1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Official manual

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by sgails, Jun 23, 2006.

1. sgails

sgails sgails

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am a new Prius owner and want to know if anyone has ordered the official manual that's in the back of your owners handbook? If so, was it worth the money and how much was it. My husband wants to order one but I am not sure if it justifies the cost.

2. national

national New Member

I just bought my first Prius. It is the definitive "Prius from hell!" It was wrecked on the Driver side front which I am finding out has trashed the fuel pump. The main battery is very low and the ICE won't start. I purchased all the manuals and without them woud be totally lost. They take a little getting used to, and the English is pitiful. But I consider them worth every penny I paid. BTW, my Prius is a 2002, and I am an ASE certified technician, previously an Engineer.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I believe there's an online manual, that you pay so much a day to use. Some have downloaded all of it (or at least most of it) in one day.

4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pipeguy @ Jul 30 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]294768[/snapback]</div>
    Wow Pipeguy, this does not sound pleasant. The fuel pump is inside the fuel tank, but I am not sure where the fuel pump relay is. You should confirm (somehow) that the relay is working. If the HV battery is indeed too low to start the car, the standard Toyota procedure is to use their special charger. Those chargers are apparently quite few in number. There are other ways to charge the HV battery but requiring knowledge of high voltage electronics and attention to personal safety. If you need to go that route, there will be extensive preparations to say the least. Good luck and please keep us informed.

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I asked this question on another forum.
    If you want to download the manual I'm told it will cost $10 per day. I'm also told it will take about two days. Be sure to number each image consecutivley when you download them (that's why it takes two days ;) ). Otherwise you will get them all out of order.
    I was also told the cost to buy the dead tree manuals is about $400 for the full set.

6. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    http://techinfo.toyota.com/
    Various HTML indexes [emphasis on '04 Prius, haven't gone after
    any later years yet] is at
    http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/TIS/
    usable as a bulk-download index to plug into "wget" or something.
    Definitely doable over the course of a $10 one-day subscription.
    Has caveats: http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/toyota-tis-sucks.txt
    You may have to throw a windoze box with IE at it, at least to log
    in, and then grab the cookies out of that session for the downloads.
    Note: It's been a year; Snap-On could have redone the entire site
    by now for all I'd know. Report back if you go after it.
    _H*

7. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    What Hobbit said. You can also subscibe on techinfo for $50 for a month or $350 for a year. We have two Toyotas (again), and I generally "save up" a few questions, and then go for the monthly service. It's a very cool service, much better than what Nissan/Infiniti offers. It's all there from the owner's to the service manuals, TSBs, and so forth.