1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Official Toyota Remote Start now for Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cshbell, Oct 12, 2006.

1. cshbell

cshbell New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello all; long time lurker. We bought our red 2006 Prius three weeks ago and are loving it. We picked up the new 2007 Prius accessory brochure, and featured prominently in the brochure is this: "VIP Security - RS3200 Plus System. Start your vehicle from 75 feet away. Preset your radio, air conditioner and heat controls. Have your car ready to go."

We've been looking for a remote start solution since we got the Prius; cold Michigan winters. It's my understanding that previously the RS3200 remote start was not compatible with the Prius, but this brochure is an official Toyota brochure specifically for the Prius.

So my question is, has anybody heard of this, and any word on whether this is compatible with the 2006 Prius? I'm hoping it's not a 2007-only option...

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

According to the Japanese web site, there is a remote start available. Don't know for sure if it is 2006 compatible though.

3. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 12 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]331672[/snapback]</div>
    I'm facing the same confusion determining whether remote start can be added to an 07 camry hybrid, even though toyota.com shows it as a factory option (or dealer added accessory; not clear).