1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh boy, oh boy...just ten more days!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Glenn, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Glenn

Glenn Junior Member

I ordered a 2006 Prius on Dec. 9th and just got a call to expect my car in 10 days. The car will be white with option pkg. #6. The salesman said that more than a few folks have cancelled their orders in anticipation of the hybrid Camry in the near future. Hmmm.

It seems to me that the portable navigation units that are coming out in great numbers for less than $1000 make more sense for me than the built in one that Toyota offers. With such a unit I can use it, let the wife take it in her car, or we can use it in our motorhome. Salesman demo. at Fry's Electronics in San Jose really impressed me. Is there a downside to these things that I don't know about?

I've been lurking this forum for a couple of months and it has made me even more excited about the car.

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Glenn

In retrospect I should have got the #6 or #5 also. Can't remember if they come with the Bluetooth or not but I love having my Cell phone hook up to the Prius. That being said the only downside to a stand alone system is a smaller screen size. In almost every aspect the stand alone sysyems are better than the unit that Toyota is using although the voice command is kinda cool the fact that you can't operate the GPS in motion is NOT a strong selling point in my book! Check out Garmin I have used them and find them to be quite good.

Wildkow