1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh no, car didn't start for tire tech guy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Robert Taylor, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

I took the Prius to have the wonderfully nice Goodyear Comfor Treds put on, gave the key to the tire tech guy, told him;

Don't put it into anything at all, just hold it and step on the brake and push the start button.

A minute later he came back and gave me the key and asked me to pull it in.

Well, the Smart Key system had been turned off (from inserting the key) and I can only guess that he inserted it, did not step on the brake when pressing start, took it back out, exited car and gave me the smart key back.

I didn't even crack a smile.

2. Stocky

Stocky New Member

I wonder if he was too "tired" when you told him what to do - LOLOL

Did you get a set of valet cards? John1701a mentioned them, but I didn't get any. I asked and the dealer said he had never heard of them (!!??)

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i got a bundle of them in my center console when i received the car.

i have only taken my car to a non toyota place one time and that was when i had my car paint and fab protected.

i had a chance to talk with the two guys who did the job and yes they had to read the instructions on how to start the car.

for a couple of Ford employees, they look like kids at christmas every time they see my pulling into their lot. they love my car!!

4. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    8) Robert Taylor,

Glad to hear you got those ComforTreds tires now. I believe you will notice the difference right away IMHO.

Ben

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :lol: Look around there is a similar Post with a very similar theme. The only time I used a valet service at a downtown Portland Hotel the attendants already knew the car. My mechanic who did my 5K service did not have a problem. :roll: I am still looking for someone to confound.

6. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine is coming up in May. My car's first annual inspection is due then, and I'm still the only Prius driver in the entire area.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Inserting the fob in the slot will not disable SKS. If SKS is on, it doesn't matter if the slot is used or not, as long as the fob is in the cabin.

Probably did not press the brake, or didn't think about using the power button.

Or, he turned it on, but the ICE didn't start, and that confused him.