1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh no, look what I did!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seasidetraveler, Aug 31, 2006.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, after much debate, I just had to go to the local Prius store and take home a brand new 2006 black #6.

I just love it! I love the BT and the HID headlights! I also like the JBL stereo better, and cannot wait to make an mp3 cd!

I was a little sad that my phonebook wouldn't upload from my Verizon Motorola E815- oh well!

Can't wait to take some pics of this black beauty! I MUST get the windows tinted ASAP!

Another thing is I would love to get custom rims, but does it really effect the mileage that much?

She'll look so sleek driving me around my new place in SoCal!

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations! But now ya gotta change your avatar picture... :) Maybe even your user name? :blink:

3. Claudia

Claudia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Aug 31 2006, 02:29 AM) [snapback]312032[/snapback]</div>
    We just got a new 06 Prius, too. When you say you love the BT, what exactly do you mean?

I'm still dithering over whether to order a BT plate from here, but can't tell if that's what you're talking about?

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    From context, I think EbonyTraveler is referring to Bluetooth (as in phone connection) rather than the BT Tech plate from Brian.

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Aug 30 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]312032[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to Clovis seaside!

I got my 06 pkg #7 Super White on 01-02-06 and already have over 15K on the odo. I think you made the perfect choice in going for the #6 as I don't think the GPS is worth a H00T! in the #7 package. If ya see me around Clovis, plates read HYBSRUL give me a toot and I'll buy you a sasperilla! BTW who is your dealer?

Here are some links for help with the E815

http://priuschat.com/forums/archive/o_t/t_...orola-e815.html

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/Motorola_carkit...kit_e815.pdf%22

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang...ius&btnG=Search

Make sure the phone numbers in the phone are just straight numbers i.e. 8005551212 and not (800) 555-1212 get rid of all the extra characters and try a transfer one entry at a time. Sucks but that is what I had to do to get my Audiovox SMT 5600 to work.

Wildkow

6. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome to both Seaside and Claudia - enjoy your Prii!

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hooray for black prii :D

congrats!

8. yarzy

yarzy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 31 2006, 04:16 AM) [snapback]312050[/snapback]</div>

Congrats on the new car!!! That is great.

I am a little concerned about the other person's post though. I have on order a while pacakage 7 and I thought the NAV would be nice to have, am I wrong on this? Should I not have gotten it?

9. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I love the navi, and I had the same initial opinion, that it would be useless. It's not though, it's pretty fun to play with, and it's great on trips because you don't have to fool around with maps. That said, it's a fairly expensive replacement for maps, but I'm still glad I got it.

Another neat thing that won't benefit us but is maybe in the development pipeline at Toyota is integrating the nav with Battery State of Charge (SoC) control... using geographic data to automatically pre-plan your battery's SoC predictively as you drive, and further increase fuel economy. So if the computer knows a hill is coming up, it would force charge your battery a little extra in preparation, and let it regen more on the way down. How cool would that be?

And gratz to seaside and claudia! Makes me want to get another Prius!

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Aug 30 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]312032[/snapback]</div>
    It really depends on what size rims and tires you put on it. Make sure in any case to stay very close to the same circumference (i.e. rotations per mile) with the new tires that you have now. The OEM tires have 855 revs per mile, I would recommend trying to stay within 1% or so of that. Within those constraints you can put on larger rims and bigger tires, some people have used 17 inch rims with 215/45-17 tires and in other places such as Europe, Japan, and Australia the Prius comes with 16 inch rims and 195/55-16 tires.

Wider tires will normally cause a decrease in mileage, usually between 1 and 5 MPG (my estimate). Be sure to use the search function and read posts be others who have done the same thing.

11. Visith

Visith New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yarzy @ Aug 31 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]312132[/snapback]</div>
    I love the NAV system. I think a lot of people are comparing it to other navigation devices, and it may lack in features compared to them, I don't know. I've only used the one in my Prius. I'm very impressed with the level of detail it has in my area. It's easy enough to use, I haven't had to look at the manual yet.

I haven't figured out voice activation, I'm not sure it works very well. Whenever I ask it to do something it usually shows me where the nearest barber shops or museums are. I guess I don't speak very clearly. :lol:

Now is it worth the extra money for package 7? I think that answer is different for each individual.

12. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So you've come over to the dark side, eh? B)
    Glad to have you!! And I hear you're headed down to SoCal too...

Congratulations on your newer Prius!!! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yarzy @ Aug 31 2006, 07:13 AM) [snapback]312132[/snapback]</div>
    I have a #8 and I LOVE the Nav system!! It's great to have when you need a little assistance getting from Point A to Point B without having to resort to paper maps or getting yourself lost. :D

13. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hey [indeterminate color]traveler moniker person,

Don't think for one second that purchasing a black Prii will get you membership into the exclusive Cool Chicks With Black Priuses Club.
    Did you notice the snub from that member in good standing??? No invitation! :angry:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 31 2006, 10:07 AM) [snapback]312232[/snapback]</div>
    I think, at best, they will consider making a subcategory of “Affiliate Member†for which gay men and spouses are allowed to join . . . provided they sit in the corner and keep their mouths shut. :p :lol:

14. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 31 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]312253[/snapback]</div>
    Hahah, LOL! I think that in order to get an invitation into the Cool Chicks with Black Priuses Club one would have to be a woman/lady/chick/female... :huh: :D Correct me if I'm wrong....LOL!! He could start up a Cool Dudes with Black Priuses Club though...

15. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Visith @ Aug 31 2006, 12:17 PM) [snapback]312192[/snapback]</div>
    I agree - factory nav systems generally pale a bit in comparison to portable ones in terms of feature set, but on the plus side you have the tight integration, no worries about theft and the dead reckoning so even if you go through a tunnel or downtown with skyscrapers the map will keep updating based on your speed. Portables will just stop and wait for the next satellite signal.

In terms of user-friendliness, it is very good. The only significant features (IMHO) that I wish it had is the ability to display elevation & satellite info (such as how many satellites I am locked onto) and perhaps different map views such as the 3D bird's eye view over the horizon. The elevation is nice to know, especially when you find you get much better MPG in one direction compared to the return trip, you can easily compare the relative altitudes to know if you spent most of the trip going uphill. ;)

That said, I still think the Toyota system is very good and do not regret taking it.

16. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hmm. i don't think males qualify for the cool chicks with black prius club, unfortunately.

although if you could pull off the baby tee with the club logo look, we might reconsider :lol:

17. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok everyone! Wow I love the JBL audio and the fun new features!
    The BT (bluetooth) is way too complicated! I found it to be easier to use my phone to dial or look up people and then use the bluetooth speaker! Of course that may be my phone too- Also my phone wont automaticall connect when I get in the car.

I could change my screen name, but I do love traveling, and I love the ocean, so it still works hehe.

I am trying to think of a new name, here's what my co worker's have come up with:

1) Precious
    2) Bully (I used to have a Bull Terrier and he was so cute and loving)

I will take pics today- he/she is getting the windows tinted!

18. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Aug 31 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]312267[/snapback]</div>
    But we can still go to the parties, right?

You want me to do what with the tshirt?! :p

19. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Aug 31 2006, 11:20 AM) [snapback]312291[/snapback]</div>
    So the JBL really makes that much of a difference? I never heard anything other than the JBL system so I don't have anything else to compare it to (other than the crappy system I had in my old Saturn). I've been very happy with the sound though. :D

Oooh, it'll look so nice with the windows tinted. Helps keep out some of the heat/brightness from the CA sun too, which is also quite nice. Black Priuses look sexy and sleek with tint. I may be biased though... :D

I kinda like "Precious" for the name. Reminds me of "my precious" from Lord of the Rings. ;)

20. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I took a quick pic for my avatar, but will take many more today when the windows are done! I am getting ALL windows tinted and a sun visor too!

Wildkow- You may have seen my '05 seasidepearl around Fresno- the only one with the GAS/ELECTRIC Hybrid decals on it. I had a personalized plated that said "I(HEART)HWY1" I am only in Fresno for less than a month now- so better find me soon haha. I bought through Michael Toyota.

Question- That speaker looking thing on the MFD- My dashmat covers that, is that bad?