1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh, so pious, Prius drivers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertG, Jul 15, 2007.

1. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    • <a href="http://tinyurl.com/2qkcux" target="_blank">Vicki Haddock, Insight Staff Writer
      Sunday, July 15, 2007

<span style="font-family:Georgia">Virtue may be its own reward -- but as any self-respecting Prius Progressive can attest, the payoffs of hybrid ownership don't stop there. Beyond the gas pump savings, the tax breaks, the entree to carpool lanes, the freedom to park without feeding meters and the aura of cool kinship with Hollywood hybriders such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz, comes something more visceral.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not another Spinella BS-fest!

Ya gotta give the guy credit, he baffles a lot of "reporters" with BS on a regular basis.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I seriously doubt that any poll where a majority of Prius owners said they picked the Prius so everyone would imediately recognize it as a Hybrid would be scientifically valid.

I traded my Honda Civic Hybrid for a Prius because the Civic Hybrid was only getting 38 MPG and was under powered and noisy under moderate acceleration.

I am happy to be producing less polution, but did not buy the car so people whould see me as a planet saver. I just wanted to buy less gas. And the oddest thing of all is that I am a conservative Republican.