1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oh the agony!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Mar 16, 2005.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My new Prius is being shipped to the dealer as I type this.... they say it will be here by the end of the week.

Oh, it just hurts to wait like this! I've been on the list since November! I can't wait to ditch my crappy dying gas-guzzling Buick for a shiny new black Prius.... I haven't been this excited since my wedding last summer and at least then I knew when it was happening!

I don't leave my phone anywhere, I have become obsessed with it. It is my link to my new car. The car comes, my phone rings.

It's even worse since my husband works AT THE DEALER... I go to bring him lunch and guess what I see?

Anyone else have trouble sleeping while waiting?

I'm so anxious!!! But am I more anxious about the car- or the huge loan I'm about to take out? Ha

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol

Yeah, I tried not to think about it. Homework and such basically took my mind off it. Worse still was it came during midterm season heh

3. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Agony? You've been waiting since November, eh? My wife and I can well understand your agony. We've been waiting for our Prius since May of 2004. Our salesman said yesterday we have gone from 80th on the list, down to 15.
    Said we might get our Prius in a month or two. Tell me about agony!

So, who's been waiting longer than 10 months? Anyone?

4. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    oh man, i really feel for you. when i first went to the dealer they were not optimistic about me getting a car before this fall. needless to say i wasn't thrilled after finally deciding on a car.

it happened to be quite the stroke of luck for us, as my husband just had to replace his 87 camry (we bought another one just like it) and now my 90 buick century is giving me trouble and requires an expensive part. my husband is a mechanic and can do it for the cost of the part, but the part is worth as much as the whole car.

of course, since we weren't expecting to get the car until at least may, we have no down payment saved up. so it's good but not good.

i hope you get your prius soon and i hope you're a little more prepared than we are... life comes at us too fast some days.

5. wdfoto

wdfoto New Member

I guess I dont understand about the long wait to get a Prius. I got on the internet and found several new and a lot used 2004s within 100 miles from my house, and I'm from Arkansas.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ... and the ecstacy...

:roll: I'm with wdfoto.... above. I just can't imagine folks STILL waiting for a new Prius... that is, unless they have a problem with a trade-in, or are somehow immune to flying or driving to another dealer and driving one home. Postings on the Prius forums and even on eBay reveal "on the lot" Priusi available and many seem to be at MSRP or even with discounts.

But... I can't know their reasons, surely *NOT* loyalty to a dealer (except when you or your SO work for the dealer...)

7. ostrich

ostrich New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I started looking over a year ago, and ended up _really_ discouraged. All of the dealers in L.A. were telling me it would be at least 9 months. I have an allergy that keeps me from putting money down on something that I won't get for a long time after... ;-)

I started looking again about a month ago. After lurking here at priuschat I knew to look outside the L.A. metro area. I ended up finding a dealer in Bakersfield (~100 miles) that had the exact model/options I wanted coming off the boat without anybody having spoken for it. So I ended up getting it in about 2 weeks from starting to look (the second time, of course).

p.s.
    When I was there picking it up they had several others on the lot, if anybody is interested...

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just have too much time on my hands since I'm on spring break. I have nothing to take my mind off waiting. I go to the dealership and bring my hubby lunch and see other people's prii...

The wait ended up being beneficial to us since we had some recent trouble with his car and all, we figure we will just be able to afford it after the 90 day deferment I got with the graduate student financing.

I am just anxious about it, it's our first new car and a prius no less! I wish it would come already!

9. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hello,

Well, you have found one way to make the time pass more swiftly, browsing and carousing on this site will help alot.

I devoted lots and lots of hours to reading everything that I could get my eyes on so that by the time the car arrived I was totally prepared.

I liken it to reading parenting manuals while trying to get pregnant. The more lead time you have the better prepared a parent you can be.

In fact, much like having a new baby, once your Prius arrives you will be amazed by how much it occupies your thoughts. I even found that I was dreaming about mine (of course I tend to obsess a bit LOL).

Now that my car is the ripe old age of 41 days I am almost sleeping through the night without having to get up and check on her at least once.

Let us know when your ship actually does come in and what color and options you will be getting.

Good luck, I will hold good thoughts for you.

Take care,

Tisza

10. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, after all that waiting and nervousness, the car finally came today. It's black (although it has been rained on all day so i don't know how it looks dry) with tan interior and pkg 5 with that paint sealant and such. I'm going to have to wash the rain spots off it tomorrow, good thing I had the week off.
    I would have preferred the gray interior but hey, we'll take what we can get. We were at the dealership all morning because nobody knew the deferment period for the grad student program. Turns out we won't be paying a cent until mid September. Whew!
    I was nervous about signing a car loan but after driving it, I see it is worth the wait and the price. I fell in love with it nearly immediately! Of course it took me some time to learn how to get good gas mileage, but 50 miles later I have managed to get my average to about 50 mpg. My husband is doing about the same. Needs a little work I think, compared to other people's records.
    Thanks for your encouragement, everyone! My Prius envy is officially cured. Now, to deal with that Prius arrogance... I made a big SUV get behind me in traffic instead of letting it pass me today to make a point. And it felt good. Is that typical? ha!

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!

argh.. makes me want summer to start now! I want my 50mpg!! :D (well I got a snippet of it last tank but one tank isn't enough!)

12. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Toyota Center in Columbia had a $27K Silver one on the lot last week. Columbia has an airport, maybe 3 miles away...