1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

oh wait brake actuator change

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tombukt2, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Change the brake actuator on my '08 for a constantly running pump lights on the dash all the indications tech indicates etc I changed out the unit like I always do no problems bled the front brakes with the relays out as we do always there was no air in the lines did each side of the front three or four times just to make sure no problem put the relays in went to do the backs no problem air squirts out pump runs fluid comes solid stream no air close it up go to the other side same thing brakes seem to be working very well they're like an '80s Buick regal step on the brake and boy she will stop but the antilock doesn't seem to be working properly but the regenerative braking is working. When I connect tech up to the car I can read codes I can do everything I need to do when I entered the brake bleeding mode no matter what I do I cannot communicate with this new or new to me replacement actuator no matter what I do parking brake applied car on car ready either way the brake bleeding fails at please remove the relays and restart the car It fails every time I have tried this infinite amount of times but can't get this car to bleed the actuator off the car mode or removed and exchanged mode It just stumbles and fails I have tried to bleed individually but when I click to do the front brakes which you start with it tells me to remove the relays and then immediately fails when I click next I have not tried to bleed the rears first just to be silly and see if it will allow me to because there's no relays to remove I just find this very odd.

2. Aegean

Aegean Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    if the antilock never worked after installation either connectors are loose/dirty or actuator defective.

If it worked first and then broke, you might did something in the process. Do you remove and install the 2 relays with power switch off? There is a possibility to fry the new to you brake actuator if not turning power off.