1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil catch can for gen3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by vendingtech, Nov 21, 2019.

1. vendingtech

vendingtech Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2012 I need to do this to. Is there a recommended kit on eBay or other site anyone can recommend for as plug and play as possible for this install? Thanks.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Good thread on the subject:

Oil Catch Can, Eliminate that knock! | PriusChat

The usual method is to cut the hose between the PCV valve and intake manifold, push on 3/8" splicers (Pex are popular, easier to work with than hose barb), run some 3/8" fuel line (spec SAE30R6 or SAE30R7 is good) to your Oil Catch Can, and last but definitely not least: figure out a practical place to mount it.

I used Moroso, which does have "kits", basically the can plus hoses, connectors, brackets and full instructions. But mostly they're for American cars, not Prius. I went with their generic can, figured out my own location and attachment method.

I would remove the intake manifold, clean it out, and install the hoses while you're at it.

Have you watched @NutzAboutBolts videos, pinned in third gen maintenance forum? There's one of OCC, another for the intake manifold cleaning, and many others that are relevant, the EGR and throttle body cleaning for example.

DogDaze, scona and RightOnTime like this.
  3. iskoos

iskoos Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    DogDaze likes this.
  4. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My 2015 Prius had one installed 3,000 miles ago. Using this system really catches the gunk!

Attached Files: