1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil Change in South Florida

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusPhotog, Jan 8, 2006.

1. PriusPhotog

PriusPhotog New Member

I am a new (and temporary) resident in south Miami, FL. I have had no luck getting an oil change done at either of the nearby Toyota dealerships (Kendall or Homestead).

I made an appointment on a Friday and got there to find out that they were too busy. I rescheduled for Saturday at another dealership, only to have the same thing happen again. They told me to come in on Sunday as this is their least busy day. I'd learned my lesson at this point and called before I drove, and was told that they were again full and couldn't work me in (this was 4 hours before close). The kicker was that the service guy told me to come in on Saturday's - their least busy day. I've already been there and tried that. My time/day choices are limited unless I take a day off work to get my darn oil changed.

I'm sure that there are a few South Floridians on this board. Where do you get your oil changed? I'm willing to drive just about anywhere near Miami if I can be assured that an appointment is an appointment and that they can work me in. This is very frustrating, and just one more reason for me to get out of Florida. Thanks for any help folks!

I'd try changing my own, but I don't any of the necessary tools nor do I have a lick of oil changing experience. I like John's article, but I'm not sure I'd try it on my only mode of transportation without some guidance.