1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil control valve filter, maintenance interval?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GiIgamesh, Nov 6, 2016.

1. GiIgamesh

GiIgamesh New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a P0011 code that the ECU faulted on. I checked the control valve and the o-ring looked fine. I didn't test the valve with a battery. I read in a priuschat thread that you should check the filter. I found nothing in the small metal filter but I now want to know after how many miles should it be cleaned? I suspect the fault code was false positive. If the error comes up again I will probably change out the control valve.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Odometer reading?

There is no spec for filter cleaning.

One possibility is that the camshaft drive chain has slipped. The DTC is supposed to be logged if the actual timing is more than 5 degrees from the target value.

If you have Mini VCI you could issue a software command to turn the oil control valve off and on while the engine is idling, and the engine idle should become rough or the engine should stall when the oil control valve is turned on. That proves the valve is operational.

valde3 likes this.
  3. b100

b100 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Or stretched that was in my case with my P0016