1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil embargo again?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Bob Allen, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Am I being ultra-left wing paranoid, or do any of you also worry that Bush will attack Iran and, besides killing yet another 100,000 Muslims in the name of peace, provoke another oil embargo? I'm getting little hints from things I hear on the radio, to questions asked of Condo Rice about Bush polices toward Iran.
    If this is too political for this forum, would the moderator be so kind as to put it in the appropriate forum? I do feel, though, that our dependence on foreign oil is the linchpin to explaining our hypocritical and bizarre foreign policy, and a reason many of us chose to buy Prii in the first place.

2. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    well it looks like we might strike by air but no ground troops... My money is on Israel beating us to it...They can not have anyone else in the area having nukes.. Iran would just be the country to use them and bring about World War III.. and this would finely be the war to end all wars.. but Peta would be happy... all us meat eaters would be gone...

Oh, and oil would be in short supply too...

Just my right wing... left wing... don't have a clue.. (take your pick) thoughts but sure glad I have the freedom to express them..

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was just talking with a coworker about today - Black Thursday - and GWB's second term legacy. I think WWIII and an oil embargo would be appropriate.

Halliburton would make billions in no-bid contracts and without foreign oil all the American oil drillers would also make billions. It's a Pres-VP -er- win-win!

4. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Moved to FHOP.