1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oil Filter Part Number again : What is YZZF2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by feather, Feb 6, 2006.

1. feather

feather New Member

Just in the past week I bought some filters from my local dealer. Previously I had always got the YZZA2. This time, it was now the F2. It was slighly shorter. Not sure I like that.

Anyway have any ideas as to the background of the F2? I assume that this is just a different OEM for Toyota but curious why it is now shorter. As long as price is the same, I prefer to stick to the A2. My dealer had a special so I bought from them $3.99 each. I assume I can get the A2 on the internet.

Any information would be appreciated.

David

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

apparently the A2 is no longer available. It's been replace by the F2, which is the filter that fits the MR2 and lots of other Toyota ICE's. We used them by the thousands at work and no problems. Standard filter on the Toyota 4Y ICE of which we service about 800 in our branch alone and there is 5 branchs. Not a problem as it has about 20% more filter media than the A2.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have 3,000 miles on the new F2 now. I noted the switch in my logs and updated the oil-change document.

The pre-lubricated gasket is interesting. I didn't realize there is more filtering inside.

It works just fine. So I see no need to seek out A2.

4. feather

feather New Member

Thanks to both. I will keep the A2 that I have.

Does this mean I don't need to lubricate the gasket anymore?

David

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

always lube the gasket. No exceptions. Some Toyota filters have a lube on them and it's easy to tell, if factory lubed use as is if not lube.