1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

oil line in the side window

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Former Member 68813, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like one of the window rollers are greasy. Front passanger side. I cleaned a couple of times and shows up again in the same spot. A mild annoyance but I'm curious if anyone had anything similar.

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Never had this issue on my Prius, but have on previous cars, as have friends, so it's fairly common. There are typically 2 felt pads that the windows rub against as they go up and down, that can get dirty and cause streaks. Dealer should replace under warranty.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    No need to dismantle, just wind the window fully down and clean the inside of the seals with a cloth soaked in windscreen washer fluid.

5. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The felt or "fuzzy" as some people call it, is lubricated from the factory with silicone (and if you ever need to do it yourself, that is what you should use). Problem is, that is what causes the streaks. The rubber needs to be lubed deep in the channel, not out on the fuzz you can see. And it should NOT be lubed at the bottom where the door panel is, only the top and sides (sometimes down in the door too). FYI :)