1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OK, here's an easy one we've all seen

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ronlewis, Nov 11, 2023.

1. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Any tips/suggestions for fixing/replacing/eliminating the fabric on our door panels that always peels off when it gets old. Usually leaves a lot of its sponge backing still on the door panel. I have one now that is coming off intact, and the clean door panel looks as good as the old fabric.

I've done that to others, just removed the fabric and cleaned the panel up. But, I'm thinking they probably sell this fabric somewhere, such that we could just clean the panel all up then glue down the new fabric just like the factory.

2. Trombone

Trombone Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had this problem on the driver's door, with the fabric coming loose at the top. I used white glue to affix it back where it belongs. White glue is water soluble so the "fix" is reversible, if need be. So far it's holding fine.

3. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I'll try that, George Costan...I mean Tbone. The fabric never seems to tuck back in smoothly, so maybe the glue holds it in place so it doesn't back out of the groove.