1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ok People, Time To Order the 06 Stuff

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TimeFor, Dec 18, 2005.

1. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Alright. I know many of you have connection at Toyota Dealers. I just read the list of improvement on the 06 Prius and.... I want them.

Ok. First,

A Tire Pressure Monitoring System directly measures the pressure of each tire with a sensor and signals the driver in the event of a drop in tire pressure

What parts do I need to order?

Second, The new Head unit "An optional mid-grade audio also includes MP3/WMA playback capability and an auxiliary audio input miniplug in the center console"

I need a part number for the New Head unit and the miniplug + wire harness

Finally, can somone send me the part numbers for everything that operates the Backup Monitor system.

Thanks
    -Jayson

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    best luck with the TPMS is to go aftermarket. there's no connectors or anything for that system in the 05 and older. you're going to have to add or replace ECUs to put that in, plus the warning light, no sensors, etc. the sensors alone will run you maybe 600.

the stereo deck is outrageously priced. (1500 or more) but the connectors should be the same.

and it's probably best to go aftermarket with the camera too. it is possible and the avc lan does offer an address in the system for the camera. sounds like rigging it will be a real pain though.

these are extremely expensive things to add on to the car, if you want them you may be best off just trading your old car and buying new. you'd probably make out MUCH better in the end.

however, if you're that determined, we can get you the stereo and camera info next week when the dealer's open again.

3. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Yea, no factory headunit is worth 1500. I've seen the after market TPMS kits but I don't like aftermaket stuff laying around the dash area.

Well the camera has to be an easy install. They offer it overseas prius. I would be interested in buying that. I also saw the 06 have a Hybrid badge on the side next to the side turn signal? thats kind of neat.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i still suggest you check out an aftermarket camera package, just because there's an address in the lan for it doesn't mean it'll be easy. but if you like i can get DH to check out the part numbers for you if/when he's got a spare moment without a car (or 2 or 3) in the air.

we're also thinking about those hybrid badges. he checked in november but they didn't have the part numbers up yet. will check again on those soon.