1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OK... this is about teh PoPo...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amm0bob, Oct 6, 2012.

1. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not my town...

Just saying... I wasn't there... but for this fella, fortunately, another camera was, I have to say, another camera was... cause it IS an important fact.

Teh man destroyed evidence... with help.

It ain't right... just saying.

I left doing a lot of different kinds of work over my days... including enforcement... these guys, are the reason so many don't trust LEOs... and I think we need to trust those that make us safe... so these guys need to be put in a box... because we aren't safe with them as LEOs.

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You were an Eleven-Bravo.....right?
    Or....at least closer to the sharp end than sissified twidgets like me.
    Some people shoulder a rifle and get mud on their boots cause they like it.
    Some people like it for the wrong reasons.

There are bent s**tcans everywhere you look for them.
    Sometimes?
    They fix dial tones for a living like I do.
    Other times?
    They wear a badge and carry a weapon.

When I left the tennis shoe Navy and became a reservist, I quickly discovered that there are no submarines in the Navy Reserves. Sissified twidgets like me have to do one of two things:
    1. Serve in a coffee and doughnuts unit.
    2. Trade sneakers and poopie suits in for combat boots and 782 gear.
    Easy choice, really.
    As with the Prius community, I was shoved into an environment that I didn't plan on entering, populated with folks that I normally did not rub elbows with.
    A lot of them were and are LEO's.....or Law Enforcement Officers.
    OK.
    So....share a GP medium (tent) with six or seven cops.....for six or seven months, and you begin to learn a few things about life on the other side of the badge.
    Here are a few of the things that I observed:

1. They're not paid enough.
    2. They're not respected nearly enough.
    3. Nobody hates bent cops more than other cops.
    4. LEOs HATE doing traffic!!!
    5. The only thing worse than cops writing tickets...would be no cops writing tickets.
    6. If you ever have to stand a loooong boring midwatch? Do it with a LEO. They always have the best stories!!!!

Yeah.....there are bent cops out there.
    Personally? I think that the actual number is pretty low. However (comma!) there are a helluva lot of cameras out there as well. It's getting harder and harder for them to pull their twenty and punch out with a retirement....pun completely unintended.
    One other thing that I learned is that there are a lot more bent s**tcans in front of the badges and weapons than there are behind them.
    Just sayin. ;)

3. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Me... I was never a one one boogahloo Bra.

Started out 11DP
    Then went 95B
    Then went to 96C

Yeah... I got the t-shirt... still fits as a matter of fact.

I am the lucky one though... only rated 30% from the VA...

One of my brothers and both of my parents also did LEO work... as did two uncles... so I get it.

After I was discharged, and after I relocated to NYC in the late 70's to get me some papers that said I was smart, cause we all know papers open doors that those without papers never get to go through, I realized the target on my back was a burden my family didn't need to bear... and frankly, I didn't want to do that kind of work anymore... I also discovered that medicine wasn't what I wanted to come in every day to earn a living, and that I would make a terrible lawyer because I don't see shades of grey... to me, everything is black and white, cause I got a bit of red in me.