1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OK We have a Weekend... now we need a date~!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Sep 16, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Well looks as if the weekend of the 25th has won... so now we need to finalize plans ok?

soooo i suggest 4 PM on Saturday at the Red Robin in Bellevue.

what does anyone else think?? post your vote here. yes that means we are voting open ended for specific day and time. now lets be reasonable in our voting. we want to restrict it to Sat (25th) or Sun (26th) also note what time you can be here. if you are open just say the day. otherwise, give a range with preferences. an example would be 6 AM to 8 PM, best is after Noon.

what ever gets the most votes will be picked. if there are two definite favorites, i would be willing to do both if possible.

hopefully everyone got the email on how to view this forum again as Danny did make all the forums private. i sent out an email (one that EVERYONE was supposed to respond to...) to let everyone know that they would have to sign up under "Usergroups" (which is conveinently located at the top of every page here)

i would like to thank those of you that responded to my email, so at least i know you are alive...

2. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I vote Sunday after 6pm. Shop closes at 5pm and I need time to lock up and then make it over.

3. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Um, I never got the email.... ????

4. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh oh... arent u on the mailing list?

if not... WHY NOT??!!!

i thought u liked us...

*sniff*

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
  6. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Saturday is out for me, but I might be able to make it Sunday PM.

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok .... we have 2 sunday PM and one sat PM

well ok ill change mine to 6PM sun then....

WOO HOO!! we are on a roll!!

any other votes?

8. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

I'm fine with either since I know I won't have any interviews on the weekends. I am going to a big "blowout party" for my future roommate at his place in Seattle the night of the 25th so if it's on the 25th, I can't stay very late. Sunday the 26th is fine whenever.

So to summarize

Sat: Earlier or don't expect me to be there late, would be more convenient though so I don't have to make TWO 60 mile roundtrips back to back. I can just cross the 520 and call it a day. :) (And yes I know a lot of you are from the South Sound and have longer commutes, but I'm allowed to bitch if I wanna 8) )

Sun: Anytime is fine, but Red Robin has some killer bar drinks and if it's too early in the day I may be feeling a bit like an alcoholic... Assuming I don't overdo myself Sat night...

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"39958)</div>
    I am on the mailing list. You can even find my email on the list when you go to the URL. do not know why I didn't receive anything. :?:

10. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I'd love to come down and join but not at 6PM Sunday night. Assume 2 1/2 -3 to get to the border and then 1-2-3 to get thru it and 45 minutes on the other side to home. Would mean about 15 minutes for the meeting, max. I'll have to pass.

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yeah, that does suck. Perhaps some time when we manage to have an earlier meeting, then you could make it. That would be cool.

12. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I can do either depending on the time and length but I would prefer Sunday. A friend on mine son is back from Iraq, on his way to Korea, then to Iraq next year. I would like to spend some time with him on Saturday.

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well Frank... if we had enough votes for 2 PM sunday... then you could come... you could start a grass roots movement ya know...

14. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

2pm is do-able much later and I'd be dead on my feet at work on Monday. I get up at 5:45 and start at 7:30 after a 25 minute commute. I was going to go down to Portland for a model engineering exhibition but think I'll miss it this time around.

15. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Well, some plans changed at my end so I THINK I can still make it but can't guarantee now. That "blowout" party in Seattle has become a "blowout" WEEKEND somewhere in Vancouver, BC. Supposed to take place the better part of Friday and Saturday, prob leave Sunday morning? (not totally sure there) and then travel time back and not sure what kind of shape I'll be in... I'll still try, but would appreciate final details being up by Wednesday or so?...if possible. Will help me assess everything and get a better idea. I'd say call my cell and just let me know but since Sprint is being a bunch of lying bastards I'm in the process of switiching to AT&T Wireless, porting my number over, reporting sprint to the BBB and I DOUBT any of them cover calls in CANADA, SO... Sooner I can know the better.

Thank y'all.

And if I don't catch you all this time, I know I will soon. Still would like to aim for this first one though. 8)

16. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i know what yer saying Frank... you have much farther to go than me. its just over an hour for me. i have to be at work at 5 AM sometimes earlier (although i dont anticipate that hopefully)

i just planned on taking a nap in the afternoon if i think i need it... realize that from several jobs ive had before, i can easily take cat naps at nearly anytime. give me 45 minutes to an hour and i will be refreshed no problem.

i used to work for RGIS (retail grocers inventory service) and because of the buildup of inventory for the xmas season, no one wanted their inventory done in Nov or Dec. however, starting the 26th through the first 2 weeks of the year, we would work nearly 24 hours a day (some stores only do inventory when they are closed) and up to 100 hours a week. i became very adept at sleeping in the van when going from one job to another.

soooo anyway we put you down for early afternoon the 26th then..., encourage your friends to vote....

in a way, this might be good. maybe we can get a trickle of people in all day long. i want to take pics so we can put something in our photo album... so comb yer hair and stuff, take care of all yer warrents... because if America's Most Wanted offers me money for your pic... you BUSTED!!

however... keep in mind, i am bribeable

17. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA\";p=\"40472)</div>
    My ugly mug all over the web! Yippee! It's like a dream come true!

:roll:

18. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    dream or would this be more like Nightmare on Elm Street ?

19. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would like 4 but 6 is OK as long as we don't go past my bed time.

20. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There's no way I could be there earlier than 6pm. I have to close the shop down at 5pm, then head back to my boss's house to let the dog out and feed her (and wait for him to come home). Hopefully he won't be late coming home from his trip. Arrrrrrrgggghhhhh, I wish I had the day off! Oh well, if I miss it, I'll try for the next one. Sooner or later, I will make it.