1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ok, who's more powerful, Gandalf?or Magneto?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jun 8, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Even though Gandalf was able to kick the Balrog's arse in LOTR1 and parry off the flying black thingy in LOTR3, I still have to give the nod to Magneto. That whipping around anything metal talent is just too rocking. I guess Ian McKellan is the one who has the best insight to this question since he played both of them, 3 times each no less.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 8 2006, 09:40 PM) [snapback]268378[/snapback]</div>
    Incidentally, Ian Mckellen is a homosexual. The final scene in LOTR3 was rather chilling... Gandalf smiling and laughing with all the little Hobbits jumping around in one bed, it was quite a gay scene... :lol:

:ph34r:

However, I STILL give my vote to Gandalf, as Magneto is pretty much dependent upon metal, whereas Gandalf can pretty much pull anything out of his arse... :lol:

3. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]268432[/snapback]</div>
    Of course he is gay, that's what it takes to be a powerful wizard. (And the director of X2 was gay as well, FYI).

(The preferred form is "gay", not "homosexual"... nothing wrong with "homosexual" but it is a bit like saying so and so is a "negro"... kindof antiquated.)

- Bob R.

4. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 9 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]268437[/snapback]</div>
    ...ah, thanks, for whatever reason, I thought "gay" was more amongst the lines of "dirty slang", and tried to be careful about how I used it... :)

5. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  6. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zapranoth @ Jun 9 2006, 12:07 AM) [snapback]268440[/snapback]</div>
    Dude, that WAS GREAT!!!!! :lol:

Dead or Alive ROCKS!!! B)

[​IMG]

7. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

By the way, if you want to see Sir Ian at his cinematic gayest, whilst simultaneously exuding complete tragedy, check out "Gods and Monsters". Plus, it has Brendan Fraser naked. Mmm hmm.

- Bob R.

8. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 08:53 PM) [snapback]268432[/snapback]</div>
    For one who claims not to be a bigot, Mr. Squid, most of your utterances the past few days have been exceedingly bigoted.

Here, for example, you imply that youngsters in the same bed with a gay actor are in peril. Had you made your observation absent the first sentence, your "chill" would simply reflect a mind perhaps excessively obsessed with pedophilia. But your first sentence adds revealing dimension to the cast of your mind: you go out of your way mention an attribute of Mr. McKellan that couldn't have any possible relevance to your second sentence - except to a bigoted mind definitely excessively obsessed with pedophilia. :lol:

Hmmm; you aren't worried about anything personal, are you? :eek:

9. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I keep deleting posts encouraging him to come out and quit the denial.

Don't wanna piss off the gay board members though. =)

10. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm going with Gandalf easily though it depends on the battlegrounds.

For example, in the Shire, there probably isn't a lot of metal for Magneto to mess around with and Gandalf would have the upper hand.

11. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jun 9 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]268453[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

...actually, those were full grown Hobbits, NOT kids... :rolleyes: :lol:

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Gandalf of course but the question is moot, go see X3.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Jun 8 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]268453[/snapback]</div>
    Geeeez dude lighten up! :mellow:

13. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Who knows. There is never really a discussion of the strength of Gandalf's wizardy from Tolkien that I can remember and the marvel directory reports Magneto power is essentially limitless. Probably would be Gandalf, depending on how long his spells would take to work, since Magneto can do things as quickly as he can think.

I agree with Wildkow. Watch X3 either way!

14. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fantasy powers aside, Gandalf has thousands of years of experience and its resulting wisdom, whereas Magneto has personal issues (including the John Stamos shared distinction of casting off a naked Rebecca Romijn) and, as it turns out, little wisdom. Advantage: Gandalf.

15. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I just thought I'd toss in my two cents: If Dumbledore wanted to win, he'd whip both their behinds =)

Since I still haven't seen any of the X-Men movies, I'd give the the edge to Gandalf

16. ErikU

ErikU New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'd have to say Gandolf but really want to say Magneto being a huge X-Men comic fan. One of the few things I never left behind from childhood was comics.....don't deny it and its one of my favorite past times. Definately watch the X movies they're great......the third was kinda a let down but the first two were great. Im actually going to see the 3rd again just to give it another chance. :)