1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Okay. *Now* I want to modify my CD player.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Godiva, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have no beef with the speakers or sound system or anything.

I do have a beef with the way the CD player works.

It loops my CDs. If I don't pay attention it starts all over and I listen to the same CD like three times or more.

Is there any hack or modification that will get the CD player to stop after it plays the CD once? Stop and spit it out would be even better but I'll settle for stop after playing once.

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't all car CD players do this?

The one in my wife's Chevy Malibu does.

3. BMcGraw

BMcGraw Member

The variable functions of the CD player can be accessed by hitting the "Audio" button next to the MFD; then "Sound"; then choose "how" you want the discs to be "handled". (see attachment)

Kind of hard to see but the choices are: Disc Repeat; Disc Random; Disc Scan; Repeat (track); Random (track); and Scan (tracks). Up and Down for Previous or Next disc.

(This is for the JBL 6-disc CD player at least.)

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Godiva, I may be remembering this incorrectly, but you have a one-CD player, right?

If you do, I don't think there's a way to get around the problem you're having. I had a very nice aftermarket system in my last car that did the same thing to me. Fortunately it made a little noise that I learned to associate with the need for a new CD.

Maybe you could keep a few CDs in the car (for safety I only keep burned copies in the car) and change to a new one every 2 days or so? Depending on how much driving you do.

Just a thought. Hope you find something that works.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yep, one CD player.

I've never had a CD player in a car before so didn't know they all loop.

I keep two dozen CDs in the car. Burned copies in case of theft. I'm listening to an instrumental movie soundtrack now so it's a little hard to tell when it ends.

I know when the vocal CDs end because I have them memorized.

I think it's a bit annoying and something I really think should be corrected. My home CD players don't loop over and over unless I tell them to.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva\";p=\"113849)</div>
    When you burn your CDs, put a track at the end of Bugs Bunny saying, "Th-th-th-th-that's all folks!"

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    LOL! I hadn't thought of that.

I actually have a Muppet LP that has cookie monster saying "It's time to turn the record over. It's time to turn the record over. Turn it over before you get to the back and forth part. Here it comes. Back and forth. Back and forth."

I can't remember but there might be something on the other side about it being the end. I ought to find it and import it into the laptop for burning purposes.

But I still find it annoying that the car CD players loop the CDs. You'd think with all of the advanced technology there would be a way to tell it to just play once.

8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I used to have a Sesame Street LP that my grandmother gave me when I was little. I wish I had kept that. It had Mr. Hooper correcting Big Bird when he called him Looper.

9. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bert and Ernie with the Rubber Ducky Song! "Rubber Ducky, you're the one, you make bathtime lots of fun, rubber ducky I'm awefully fond of you, boo boo be do......

The other side had Bert and Ernie going on a Tiger Hunt.

Good times.

I almost feel compelled to buy the factory 6-disc changer, as I can't tolerate the same CD for long stretches.

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You know.....there is a lot of Sesame Street out there on CD.

And you can convert old albums to digital and burn them.

With the windows rolled up....no one will know.