1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Old Newbie

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by carnac767, Dec 23, 2023.

1. carnac767

carnac767 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    To quote George Costanza, I'm back, baby. I traded my beloved 2012 Prius IV four years ago for a 2013 Honda CRV that I could flat tow behind my Tiffin motorhome. The CRV was an excellent vehicle and did us great service on our RV trips, but man, I really missed my Prius. Just trying to make a hands free call with the Honda was maddening. Anyway, I finally ditched my moneypit, er, RV, and have just traded in the CRV for a 2018 Prius IV Touring with 32K miles. I'll pick it up in Jacksonville on Wednesday. Anything good or bad I should look forward to with the 18 as opposed to the 12? BTW, if you're considering buying a motorhome, ask a friend to come by and slap you.

AzWxGuy and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome back!

gen 4 has been pretty solid. infotainment screen quirks, windshields cracking repeatedly, leather peeling on steering wheel, small things like that.

the biggest problem was leaking exhaust heat exchangers causing blown head gaskets. i thing toyota has a tsb on it, and they updated the part at some point. might be worth looking into.

all the best!

3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    2 youtubes from gasket masters and mr electric explaining the heat exchanger coolant leak thing and a DIY coolant re route thing if you are unlucky enough to get that issue.
    youtu.be/0N7_crTRDus

youtu.be/XpQyZ2F6oiA

how did the service look on the car fax (if you got one)? 3 year / or 30K miles - free service is standard, although implemented differently at the dealer level, some dealers were more conscientious about following the scheduled maintenance than other were. Our services just checked off all the scheduled tasks, god only knows what work was actually done, They finally rotated tires at the 30K service, not that the rotation matter by than.

#3 vvillovv, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023