1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Old USA SPEC iPod interface Works in 2011 Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by keymusic, Mar 19, 2011.

1. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was using my old USA Spec PA-12 iPod interface in my 2008 Matrix. I removed it when I traded it in for the new Prius. I was going to sell it because I checked with USA Spec and Crutchfield, and they both said it wouldn't work in the Prius. So I decided to try it anyway. I plugged it into the CD changer port in the back of the radio and works great. I just have the standard single CD radio. Just thought people might want to know this.

1 person likes this.
  2. inseek

inseek Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi keymusic,

are you talking about USA SPEC PA15-TOY? THe PA-12 is listed on Amazon as USA SPEC PA12-BMW and majority of users of PA-12 drive BMW..

Also, does this interface charge iPod while Prius is parked? My old car was Ford Explorer and iPod 80GB was charging only when the engine is running so if I don't drive my car for a 34 days it takes 2-3 minutes after I start the engine to play first song.

3. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm talking about the USA SPEC PA-12TOY (the PA-12 for Toyota). I keep my iPod in the glovebox so I don't really know if it's charging when the Prius is turned off, if that's what you're asking. I think I remember when I was using it in my Matrix, it did charge the iPod sometimes when the car was off. I never seem to have a delay in the iPod starting to play.