1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oldie but goodie: Won't get fueled again

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Jul 30, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Dated June 27, 2008, it involves a Prius 'race:'

Won't get fueled again - The Boston Globe

A nail-biter until the finish:
    Guess we won't have the Hummbler to kick around any longer.

Bob Wilson

1 person likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a caddy dealership, no more hummer's!:rockon:

3. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've never been into NASCAR, but I have a new-found respect for them if they sponsor an event like this. Awesome! :)

I wouldn't sweat the hummer dealer too much. At next year's event, the dealer will likely have become extinct and the parking lot will be all yours. Maybe it will become a Tesla dealership. (By the way, I drove by the Tesla dealer in Newport Beach, CA today and they had three Tesla Roadsters sitting in front. I thought there was a waiting list. Am I wrong? Is this just advertising to get people to sign up on the wait list?)

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's awesome! I didn't know people did events like this: start at a Whole Foods and end at a Hummer dealership. :p

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just remember the general public needs baby steps. Perhaps a hybrid hummer that gets double the mileage, 16mpg? :D

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Interesting... after doing some searching, is Cadillac Hummer Saab Village - Norwood MA - New & Used Car Dealer this place? If so, boy, they sure carried a number of "winners": Cadillac, Hummer and Saab.

Do they still have any new Hummers or Saab left on the lot? Are Saab's still somewhat available given the goofy thing that happened to them?

The sales deliveries pdf at GM | General Motors: Investors: Sales Deliveries and Production Schedules: Current Release shows that 0 Saabs were sold in the US in June 2010 w/only 608 sold YTD, down from 5,386 YTD of June 2009.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No Tesla waiting list. If you don't like what is on the floor it'll take a few months for them to build yours.