1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Oliver Stone's 'Bush Movie' looks intriguing

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ctbering, Sep 13, 2008.

1. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Slate reads Oliver Stone's Bush script. - By Juliet Lapidos - Slate Magazine
    Ahhhh! the movie may be pushed up from early 2009 to mid October 2008 to capitalize on the presidential election build-up. I realize Bush isn't running but for many of us assuming the Iraq war was George W.'s response to winning an easy war his daddy couldn't, and injecting testosterone back into the family culture, here is an unauthorized, biased bio and / or accurate portrayal of the 'real Dallas' characters who have captured the american minds and imagination of this country. Of course, we didn't need to be captured....many folks feel the Bush family roots went deep into the 2004 election in Florida where the electoral and our country was kidnapped...Jesse Jackson, my least favorite American spokesman never recovered when demanding a recount and it was not supported by the Democrats.....I guess even a father of the most lucrative Budweiser distributorship in the midwest can get it right once or twice in a life time.
    Josh Brolin plays George W and an elderly actor from '6' Under' plays George Sr.., The movie looks like it has a lot of promise, regardless how you feel about the JFK assasination theory presented by Oliver Stone many years ago.

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Should be interesting, I would have named the movie, "How A Moron Became President"

3. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't know. I have my doubts about Oliver Stone, plus I already feel like I've been living in a bad movie for the last almost 8 years.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think it could be titled :"How did a bunch of morons elect this guy President? Twice."

5. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    with a secondary title, "..the world wants to know."

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ...and "Coming soon, the sequel: 'Four more years!'"

7. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  8. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The de-regulation legacy...letting those nice corporate lenders make their money to put people in housing they can't afford..it started with those junk bonds from the Ronald McDonald years to today's complete absence of corporate ethics. The right wing utter disdain for helping people through useful social programs now begging the government bail them out...where is Rumsfeld when we really need him...to torture these criminals.
    That is my liberal blog for the day!