1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Olympic WHAT???!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Sitting here watching the Olympics . . . Rhythmic Gymnastics.

Whaat the #*$*(!

That's circus acts! :rolleyes:

Olympic baseball and softball are being removed as Olympic sports . . . yet girls dancing around with a hula hoop, rope or other thingy stays?

What kind of sport is that?

Why not also have rhythmic pole vaulting, or rhythmic steeplechase?
    Heck, they've got rhythmic (synchronized) swimming. Why not!

I rank rhythmic gymnastics close to Olympic equestrian events. HELLO! It's the freakin' horse doing the athletic performance, not the dweeb sitting on top. :rolleyes:

What events do you feel should or should NOT be Olympic sports?

2. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was listening to NPR the other day where the discussion was around what things should be in the Olympics and aren't. One guy who was part of the discussion spoke about rugby, which makes sense to me since it's a team sport much like soccer. The one that didn't make sense to me was the girl who wanted to have professional video gaming part of the Olympics. I did not know (until I heard her speak) that there was such a thing. I was quite amused to hear her talk about 'training' for 4-6 hours per day.