1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Olympics are nearly here!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hdrygas, Aug 11, 2004.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well it is nearly time for the Olympics to start. I really like watching the diversity of events. My favorites are the Three Day Event (equestrian) which I participated in at a very junior level when younger and the Modern Pentathlon (there is a theme here). I took fencing in college and swam a bit and everyone can run a bit, and what red blooded american does not like to shoot a pistol. What about you. Anything you are going to get up to see in the middle of the night or tape to watch later? I will start with the US coverage but will likely end up watching on the CBC as I have the last two or three Olympics. Better coverage at least in recent years.

2. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They've already started! Soccer couldn't wait for the opening ceremonies even!

I'll be recording as much as possible on my cable dvr and 2 dvd recorders. I almost never watch anything live anymore because I despise advertising and the endless fill in banter and most of the "human interest" stories. The Olympics is probably the only time that I really utilize all devices and have to set reminders to keep them fed with blank dvd's.

I was hoping to have some pay-per-view options available this time around either through cable, internet, or both. I loved that option for the World Cup Soccer where I had video on demand for all of the games after a certain waiting period. I wish I had the buck and room for a nice high definition system with HD recording capabilities but it's just not going to happen this time around.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wrestling...I wrestled from 4th grade through HS. Never that good, but go 2 state championships in Arkansas (one collegiate, one freestyle AAU)... but when I came up against the better Oklahoma guys they kicked my nice person.

Watched the Women's soccer game this morning....I PRAY NBC doesn't F-up the coverage AGAIN!!

4. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The closing... :mrgreen:

On a funny note, my former country of residence, Indonesia, has the wonderful honor of being the only country that is sending atheletes but not broadcasting the games on any channel. And quite a large country to do so.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Olympics??? College football is 3 weeks away!!!

:lol: :mrgreen:

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh dude, I"m ready, as always, for football season. Was so happy to see the Hall of Fame game on on Monday night...crappy game, but at least it was football. I just can't get into baseball or basketball with so many games at so many times and such a prolonged season.
    --evan

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Go Bucks!!!

8. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Go...go...Oh darnit, I forgot my college's mascot again. :mrgreen:

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It has begun. I pray that the Pax Olympiad will be kept.

10. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking any pax being kept will be kept by the security forces, not by a peace treaty.

But then again, look at the 1+ billion dollars spent on security, the low attendance, the constant aura of fear and danger. Terrorists don't need to strike Athens. The economic damage is already done, people are already fearful. Without lifting a finger, they win.